Blank error message when sending attachments

Old January 9th 06, 12:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
JS

Default Blank error message when sending attachments

I'm receiving an error message when sending attachments (not all attachments,
just randomly, mainly with zips or multiple files but they are always low
file size - much lower than attachments I've sent in the past). Problem is,
the error message box contains no error message - completly blank. Anybody
got any clues?
Old January 9th 06, 01:15 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Did you click on Details when you saw the error message? Some possibilities
are to turn off e-mail scanning, a damaged Outbox, or a damaged identity,
but these are only guesses without an error message.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old January 9th 06, 02:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE

"JS" wrote in message

I'm receiving an error message when sending attachments (not all
attachments, just randomly, mainly with zips or multiple files but
they are always low file size - much lower than attachments I've sent
in the past). Problem is, the error message box contains no error
message - completly blank. Anybody got any clues?

Is this mail or news?
Are they replies or original messages?

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old January 25th 07, 09:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PC

"Bruce Hagen" wrote in
:

Did you click on Details when you saw the error message? Some
possibilities are to turn off e-mail scanning, a damaged Outbox, or a
damaged identity, but these are only guesses without an error message.

I'm actually having this same issue right now.

The e-mails are generated (I assume) by a MAPI call from a 3rd party
application. OE is used to send the mails to a mail server then outbound
from there.

Every single e-mail pops up the status box with a notice that some errors
have occured. When I look at the tasks I see something along the lines of
"Sending X messages via 'Mail server'" - when I click on details it's blank
- absolutely nothing there. I click on Close it goes away and processes
the next one - rinse repeat.

The e-mails end up in the Outbox in OE and send by themselves the next time
the window passes by.

It's an automated process so I've got 2 or 3 windows a day to trouble
shoot. Each e-mail goes to 1 to 10 people (1 person in to, extras in CC).
Checking the properties the e-mail appears well formed and as I said
earlier eventually then go by themselves - I just have to hit close for
each e-mail sent. Also, each e-mail contains 1 attachment "report.html" -
the file differes for each but the name remains the same.

Also, if I fire up OE and go in and manually send an e-mail everything
works perfectly.

Any clues where I could look to get more clues?