"Right click Send to Mail Recipient" uses Hotmail instead of O

Old July 6th 07, 04:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Josh

Default "Right click Send to Mail Recipient" uses Hotmail instead of O

When I right click on any file on the Desktop or Explorer, and click Send To,
then Mail Recipient, instead of Outlook Express opening a new message with
the file attached, Internet Explorer launches and attempts to log me in to my
Hotmail account to send that file via e-mail.

I have checked in Internet Options and Outlook Express is currently set as
the default e-mail program. I have IE and Firefox installed on this machine.
Old July 6th 07, 04:04 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Make OE the default e-mail client:
http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx

For links in e-mail:
http://www.oehelp.com/oelnk.aspx

And:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

If you have MS Outlook installed, also see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#13
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

news

Old July 6th 07, 04:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Josh

Default "Right click Send to Mail Recipient" uses Hotmail instead

Should have mentioned that I tried everything on
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098
and still the same result.

Ran the program from StartRun with "/reg" and no change.

I should also mention that sending links from Firefox and sending files from
programs seems to work OK, but not sending from the Windows Explorer file
system.

Also, strangely, within IE7, the "PageSend Page by E-mail" menu option will
send with Hotmail (incorrectly) but the "PageSend Link by E-mail" option
will correctly use OE.

"Bruce Hagen" wrote:

Make OE the default e-mail client:
http://www.oehelp.com/oedef.aspx

For links in e-mail:
http://www.oehelp.com/oelnk.aspx

And:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306098

If you have MS Outlook installed, also see:
http://www.oehelp.com/OETips.aspx#13
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express
Imperial Beach, CA

news

Old July 7th 07, 05:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Josh

Awesome, thank you!
Old July 7th 07, 07:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

You are welcome, and thanks for posting back.

PS it best to include the original message in replies. It makes it
easier to tell what you've done.

"Josh" wrote in message
Awesome, thank you!