Outlook express error: There was an error opening this message.

Old June 1st 07, 01:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
regal

Default Outlook express error: There was an error opening this message.

My pc locked up today, I ended up having to hard reboot.

since then I get an error message from outlook express:
There was an error opening this message. An error has occurred.

Any ideas what to do (dont want to loose address book or message history)

Message appears on forward, create, or reply.

Regal
--
just need the answers
Old June 1st 07, 05:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Go to File | Identities and set up a new Identity. Then see if that works
okay. If so, then you can use File | Import to get the messages and such
from the old Identity.

steve

Old June 2nd 07, 04:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
regal

Steve,

THanks, when I tried that it gave me this message:
The address book failed to load. Outlook Expresss is incorrectly configured,
please re-install.

--
just need the answers

Old June 2nd 07, 06:56 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

Err Msg: The Message Could Not Be Sent. Some recipients not valid
(Outlook Express: There was an error opening this message)
(The Address Book failed to load. OE is incorrectly configured)
(Corrupted or mismatched WAB32.DLL file)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=239135
OLEXP: Error Message: Address Book Failed to Load
(There was an error opening this message)
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=269777
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=310873
OLEXP: MSIMN Caused an Invalid Page Fault in Module Wab32.dll
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=247706
Err Msg: Address Book Failed To Load, Outlook Express Is...
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=191946