When Seting up my message rules

Old February 1st 07, 12:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Hopeful 1

Default When Seting up my message rules

How can I stop getting the email sent to me?

Back when I had WIN ME and O.E. 6, I could set up a group send whereby I had
another name associated with my ISP email address in the To: line to be
deleted at server. This way I could send BCCs and not receive it back to me
(as I already knew what I sent, lol).

However, now that I have WIN XP Pro, no matter whether I had I.E. 6 or now
7, with the O.E. 6, I keep getting a copy of the email when I send it out. My
ISP requires an address in the To: line.

So, how can I set up a rule when I send out a group send so that I do not
get a copy sent back to me? Or is this just part of XP's security and live
with it?

Thanks,
Joan
Old February 1st 07, 02:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Hi Joan,

This should still be possible, and I have just completed a test to confirm
it. In my test an address book entry was created for the display name "erase
me" using my ISP address. A rule was created to "delete from server"
messages sent to "erase." The rule was moved to the top of the list. A
message was sent, but not received. After removing the rule a second message
using the address book entry was received. As one might expect, care needs
to be taken when choosing what to key on. It should not be part of a real
name.

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim

Old February 1st 07, 07:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Hopeful 1

I've used Me 1st, and it didn't work...could it be due to my having symbols

Thank you for responding,
Joan

Old February 1st 07, 11:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Hi Joan,

I don't know if the symbols are a problem -- I've not seen an address like
this before and don't know why the symbols are being used or the definition
of "linked' in this instance. Using "Me 1st" as a display name and used in
a message rule could be a problem. "Me" could be an issue because it is so
short. "Me" could be part any number of names and could result in unintended
deleting of messages. Using two terms in a rule will result in action being
taken separately for both. A message rule will not act on two terms in
combination. Using "1st" as the only term in a rule would be more precise.

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim
"Hopeful 1" wrote in message
I've used Me 1st, and it didn't work...could it be due to my having symbols

links?).

Thank you for responding,
Joan

Message Rules leadpipe Outlook Express 1 November 24th 06 02:46 PM
Message Rules deacon Outlook Express 2 November 6th 06 11:26 PM
message rules before the message arrives An Ony Outlook - General Queries 3 October 31st 06 11:00 AM
Seting up Emergency Contacts. Musicman Outlook - Using Contacts 4 July 28th 06 02:55 AM
Message Rules Schmitty Outlook Express 4 March 23rd 06 09:17 PM