image in a form not shown in Outlook Explorer 6

Old November 23rd 06, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Antony Lai

Default image in a form not shown in Outlook Explorer 6

Recently I need to made a HTML form and mail to our customers. There was a
form inside the html e-mail. The e-mail shown everything including
img..., but could not show input type="image".... All other images were
shown except that one. When I change the view from HTML to Normal, the
input image still there. However, I could not found it at the mail
received. Could somebody out there help.
Old November 23rd 06, 05:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
AlmostBob

add the imgae as an attachment somehow to the email
the image referred is not available to the receiver unless it is included
with the document

--
-
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://www.safer-networking.org
AVG free antivirus http://free.grisoft.com/
Etrust/Vet/CA.online Antivirus scan
Super Antispyware http://www.superantispyware.com/
Panda online AntiVirus scan http://www.activescan.com
Panda online AntiSpyware Scan
http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/spyware/test/
Catalog of removal tools (1)
Catalog of removal tools (2)
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/n...aspx?CID=40387
Trouble Shooting guide to Windows http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
Cool Web Shredder http://www.trendmicro.com/cwshredder/
links provided as a courtesy, read all instructions on the pages before
use
Grateful thanks to the authors/webmasters
_

Old November 24th 06, 01:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

Make sure that the src of the IMG element contains the full path to the
image file:

src="file://c:\myimages\myimage.jpg"

See if that fixes it.

steve

Old November 24th 06, 03:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Antony Lai

Thank you for your replies.

I did attached the image to the email, but the receiver only got a
attachement and a broken picture. The broken picture shown as a frame with a
"X" on the upper left. I did use the full path, it is the path that linked to
the web site.
Old November 24th 06, 04:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Tools | Accounts | Mail | Properties | Advanced. Is "Break apart
messages........." checked? Uncheck it.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old November 25th 06, 12:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
AlmostBob

Lots of web sites, block bandwidth theft, linking directly to their images
Lots of security programs, block http links in emails, that is one method
used by malware installers
download the image to your local drive, and include it from there

--
-

Old November 25th 06, 01:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Steve Cochran

If the image is linked, then make sure that you have it set on recipient
machine to allow external images and other content under Tools | Options |
Security. OE is by default set to block externally linked images, as
spammers use them to validate email addresses.

steve