creating new mail subject folder in outlook express local folders heading

Old October 5th 06, 05:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
themntneer

Default creating new mail subject folder in outlook express local folders heading

I recently bought a new system and started organizing my emails. I usually
create several subfolders under local folders to sort my message by category.
After making about 10 folders, I can't create new ones. Outlook Express
won't let me. When I click on foldernew, it just times out and doesn't do
anything, like I never requested it. Is there a possible fix for this?

Connie

Old October 5th 06, 05:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

You may have a damaged identity especially if it is the default Main
Identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity. Create a new one and test it.
If all is well, you can import your messages and Address Book from the old
identity and delete it.

How to Create and Use Identities in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=209169
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express

Old October 7th 06, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
themntneer via WindowsKB.com

Bruce,

Thanks so much for the help. That seems to have been the problem. I created
a new identity and everything worked great, so I imported the existing files
from the main identity and all is still working well.

Connie

Bruce Hagen wrote:
You may have a damaged identity especially if it is the default Main
Identity. File | Identity | Add New Identity. Create a new one and test it.
If all is well, you can import your messages and Address Book from the old
identity and delete it.

How to Create and Use Identities in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=209169
I recently bought a new system and started organizing my emails. I usually
create several subfolders under local folders to sort my message by

[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]

Connie

Old October 7th 06, 10:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

You're welcome & thanks for posting back.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP Outlook Express