Address book problems still

Old June 27th 06, 10:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Realt World-Service Professionals

Default Address book problems still

Okay I know I'm being really stupid but how do you rename it like that? do
you open it in another file/ and what file do you open it in if thats so?

"Ken" wrote:

Okay what do you mean remove?

The remove is accomplished by renaming (user.wab) to (user.old) When
starting Address Book it will not find a .wab file thus creating a new .wab
file.

As we never deleted your existing file, only renamed it, it can be
restored..

Ken

oft.com wrote in message

| Okay what do you mean remove? Do you mean just remove from the folder or
do
| you mean delete it completely?
|
| "Ken" wrote:
|
| Hi,
|
| The address book data is in a file with .wab extension, should have your
| user name in front (user.wab).
|
| If one removes this file the address book program will create a new
blank
| ..wab file.
|
| In this new address book you can add a couple of contacts then try to
export
| them, if they export, we can perhaps assume the original .wab file is
| corrupt.
|
| I am on a WindowMe computer at this time so cannot give exact location
where
| you will find the .wab file on a Windows XP system.
|
| Also think Windows XP hides some of it's files so you will have to "show
| hidden files and folder", This option is in Folder Options, view tab.
| Folder Options can be found via Control Panel or opening My Documents,
| choosing Tools, then on it's menu choose Folder Options.
|
| Assure Address Book is closed.
|
| Search for .wab, find your .wab file, rename user.old.
|
| Open address book, a new blank address book should display. As discussed
| above create a couple of contacts and try to export.
|
| Further instructions as to your reply.
|
| Ken
|
| "Ken" wrote in message
|
| | Wow.
| |
| | Online support knowledge base does not have any articles on this
error.
| |
| | Perhaps the Address Book file is corrupt. I will post back with some
kind
| | of test to confirm.
| |
| | Ken
| |
| | "Realt World-Service Professionals"
| | oft.com wrote in
| message
| | news | | | Hey. It doesn't give an exact error number or anything. It just goes
| back
| | | where you choose the text file thing, and above that it says 'error
| | exporting
| | | address book'
| | |
| | | "Ken" wrote:
| | |
| | | Hi,
| | |
| | | Assuming you are exporting Outlook Express Address Book (choosing
| File,
| | on
| | | it's menu selecting Export, then on it's expanding menu, choosing
| Other
| | | Address Book, then selecting "Text File (Comma Separated File)"
what
| is
| | the
| | | exact error you receive when trying to Export?
| | |

Old June 27th 06, 10:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
antioch

Hi RWSP
At what point in the sequence do you get this error?
Is it after you highlight 'Text File Comma etc' and hit 'export' or later.
Rgds
Antioch

"Ken" wrote in message

| Wow.
|
| Online support knowledge base does not have any articles on this error.
|
| Perhaps the Address Book file is corrupt. I will post back with some
kind
| of test to confirm.
|
| Ken
|
| "Realt World-Service Professionals"
| oft.com wrote in
message
| news | | Hey. It doesn't give an exact error number or anything. It just goes
back
| | where you choose the text file thing, and above that it says 'error
| exporting
| | address book'
| |
| | "Ken" wrote:
| |
| | Hi,
| |

Old June 27th 06, 10:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Realt World-Service Professionals

Its after I have clicked finish for it to export the files.

"Ken" wrote in message

| Wow.
|
| Online support knowledge base does not have any articles on this error.
|
| Perhaps the Address Book file is corrupt. I will post back with some
kind
| of test to confirm.
|
| Ken
|
| "Realt World-Service Professionals"
| oft.com wrote in
message
| news | | Hey. It doesn't give an exact error number or anything. It just goes
back
| | where you choose the text file thing, and above that it says 'error
| exporting
| | address book'
| |
| | "Ken" wrote:
| |
| | Hi,
| |

Old June 27th 06, 10:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ken

Hi,

To rename a file, right click it, choose Rename.

Locate your (user.wab) file. put the mouse pointer over it, right click, a
menu will display, choose Rename, type your user name.old.

Ken

oft.com wrote in message

| Okay I know I'm being really stupid but how do you rename it like that? do
| you open it in another file/ and what file do you open it in if thats so?
|
| "Ken" wrote:
|
| Okay what do you mean remove?
|
| The remove is accomplished by renaming (user.wab) to (user.old) When
| starting Address Book it will not find a .wab file thus creating a new
..wab
| file.
|
| As we never deleted your existing file, only renamed it, it can be
| restored..
|
| Ken
|
| "Realt World-Service Professionals"
| oft.com wrote in
message

| | Okay what do you mean remove? Do you mean just remove from the folder
or
| do
| | you mean delete it completely?
| |
| | "Ken" wrote:
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | The address book data is in a file with .wab extension, should have
your
| | user name in front (user.wab).
| |
| | If one removes this file the address book program will create a new
| blank
| | ..wab file.
| |
| | In this new address book you can add a couple of contacts then try
| export
| | them, if they export, we can perhaps assume the original .wab file
is
| | corrupt.
| |
| | I am on a WindowMe computer at this time so cannot give exact
location
| where
| | you will find the .wab file on a Windows XP system.
| |
| | Also think Windows XP hides some of it's files so you will have to
"show
| | hidden files and folder", This option is in Folder Options, view
tab.
| | Folder Options can be found via Control Panel or opening My
Documents,
| | choosing Tools, then on it's menu choose Folder Options.
| |
| | Assure Address Book is closed.
| |
| | Search for .wab, find your .wab file, rename user.old.
| |
| | Open address book, a new blank address book should display. As
discussed
| | above create a couple of contacts and try to export.
| |
| | Further instructions as to your reply.
| |
| | Ken
| |
| | "Ken" wrote in message
| |
| | | Wow.
| | |
| | | Online support knowledge base does not have any articles on this
| error.
| | |
| | | Perhaps the Address Book file is corrupt. I will post back with
some
| kind
| | | of test to confirm.
| | |
| | | Ken
| | |
| | | "Realt World-Service Professionals"
| | | oft.com wrote
in
| | message
| | | news | | | | Hey. It doesn't give an exact error number or anything. It just
goes
| | back
| | | exporting
| | | |
| | | |
> [...]
| | | |
| | File,
| | | on
| | Other
File)"
| what
| | is
| | | the
| | | |
| |
| |
| |

Old June 27th 06, 10:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Realt World-Service Professionals

hey guys I'm going to have to go about 5 minutes but I'll check back tomorrow
at about noon central time so if you can help me then I would REALLY
apprecciate it. Thank you in advance, have a good night.

"Ken" wrote in message

| Wow.
|
| Online support knowledge base does not have any articles on this error.
|
| Perhaps the Address Book file is corrupt. I will post back with some
kind
| of test to confirm.
|
| Ken
|
| "Realt World-Service Professionals"
| oft.com wrote in
message
| news | | Hey. It doesn't give an exact error number or anything. It just goes
back
| | where you choose the text file thing, and above that it says 'error
| exporting
| | address book'
| |
| | "Ken" wrote:
| |
| | Hi,
| |

Old June 28th 06, 12:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
PA Bear

Hey! How about replying to your original thread ("Address Book")??

Realt World-Service Professionals wrote:
Hey. I asked about this yesterday but I'm still having problems with it.
I've been trying to export the addresses I have in my outlook address
book to my microsoft outlook and its not workign at all. Could I get some
help with this please???

Old June 28th 06, 09:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ken

hey guys I'm going to have to go about 5 minutes but I'll check back
tomorrow
at about noon central time so if you can help me then I would REALLY
apprecciate it. Thank you in advance, have a good night.

Hi,

I thought you were going to return.

Ken

oft.com wrote in message
| Okay I know I'm being really stupid but how do you rename it like that? do
| you open it in another file/ and what file do you open it in if thats so?
|
| "Ken" wrote:
|
| Okay what do you mean remove?
|
| The remove is accomplished by renaming (user.wab) to (user.old) When
| starting Address Book it will not find a .wab file thus creating a new
..wab
| file.
|
| As we never deleted your existing file, only renamed it, it can be
| restored..
|
| Ken
|
| "Realt World-Service Professionals"
| oft.com wrote in
message

| | Okay what do you mean remove? Do you mean just remove from the folder
or
| do
| | you mean delete it completely?
| |
| | "Ken" wrote:
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | The address book data is in a file with .wab extension, should have
your
| | user name in front (user.wab).
| |
| | If one removes this file the address book program will create a new
| blank
| | ..wab file.
| |
| | In this new address book you can add a couple of contacts then try
| export
| | them, if they export, we can perhaps assume the original .wab file
is
| | corrupt.
| |
| | I am on a WindowMe computer at this time so cannot give exact
location
| where
| | you will find the .wab file on a Windows XP system.
| |
| | Also think Windows XP hides some of it's files so you will have to
"show
| | hidden files and folder", This option is in Folder Options, view
tab.
| | Folder Options can be found via Control Panel or opening My
Documents,
| | choosing Tools, then on it's menu choose Folder Options.
| |
| | Assure Address Book is closed.
| |
| | Search for .wab, find your .wab file, rename user.old.
| |
| | Open address book, a new blank address book should display. As
discussed
| | above create a couple of contacts and try to export.
| |
| | Further instructions as to your reply.
| |
| | Ken
| |
| | "Ken" wrote in message
| |
| | | Wow.
| | |
| | | Online support knowledge base does not have any articles on this
| error.
| | |
| | | Perhaps the Address Book file is corrupt. I will post back with
some
| kind
| | | of test to confirm.
| | |
| | | Ken
| | |
| | | "Realt World-Service Professionals"
| | | oft.com wrote
in
| | message
| | | news | | | | Hey. It doesn't give an exact error number or anything. It just
goes
| | back
| | | exporting
| | | |
| | | |
> [...]
| | | |
| | File,
| | | on
| | Other
File)"
| what
| | is
| | | the
| | | |
| |
| |
| |

Old June 28th 06, 10:18 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
antioch

He did in his other post on 26 June 2006 - still no result - just went
through a step-by-step with him - failure - what a bummer.
Antioch

"Ken" wrote in message
hey guys I'm going to have to go about 5 minutes but I'll check back
tomorrow
at about noon central time so if you can help me then I would REALLY
apprecciate it. Thank you in advance, have a good night.

Hi,

I thought you were going to return.

Ken

"Realt World-Service Professionals"
oft.com wrote in
message
| Okay I know I'm being really stupid but how do you rename it like that?
do
| you open it in another file/ and what file do you open it in if thats
so?

| "Ken" wrote:
|
| Okay what do you mean remove?
|
| The remove is accomplished by renaming (user.wab) to (user.old) When
| starting Address Book it will not find a .wab file thus creating a new
.wab
| file.
|
| As we never deleted your existing file, only renamed it, it can be
| restored..
|
| Ken
|
| "Realt World-Service Professionals"
| oft.com wrote in
message

| | Okay what do you mean remove? Do you mean just remove from the
folder
or
| do
| | you mean delete it completely?
| |
| | "Ken" wrote:
| |
| | Hi,
| |
| | The address book data is in a file with .wab extension, should
have
your
| | user name in front (user.wab).
| |
| | If one removes this file the address book program will create a
new
| blank
| | ..wab file.
| |
| | In this new address book you can add a couple of contacts then try
| export
| | them, if they export, we can perhaps assume the original .wab file
is
| | corrupt.
| |
| | I am on a WindowMe computer at this time so cannot give exact
location
| where
| | you will find the .wab file on a Windows XP system.
| |
| | Also think Windows XP hides some of it's files so you will have to
"show
| | hidden files and folder", This option is in Folder Options, view
tab.
| | Folder Options can be found via Control Panel or opening My
Documents,
| | choosing Tools, then on it's menu choose Folder Options.
| |
| | Assure Address Book is closed.
| |
| | Search for .wab, find your .wab file, rename user.old.
| |
| | Open address book, a new blank address book should display. As
discussed
| | above create a couple of contacts and try to export.
| |
| | Further instructions as to your reply.
| |
| | Ken
| |
| | "Ken" wrote in message
| |
| | | Wow.
| | |
| | | Online support knowledge base does not have any articles on this
| error.
| | |
| | | Perhaps the Address Book file is corrupt. I will post back with
some
| kind
| | | of test to confirm.
| | |
| | | Ken
| | |
| | | "Realt World-Service Professionals"
| | | oft.com wrote
in
| | message
| | | news | | | | Hey. It doesn't give an exact error number or anything. It
just
goes
| | back
| | | exporting
| | | |
| | | |
> [...]
| | | |
| | File,
| | | on
| | Other
File)"
| what
| | is
| | | the
| | | |
| |
| |
| |

Old July 28th 06, 08:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
jose fontes

hi
"Kuay Tim" escreveu na mensagem
Hi Realt World,

Where are you looking -- is the CSV file blank when the addresses are
exported from OE, or from the Windows Address Book?

The CSV file can be opened in Notepad. Drag the file into a blank

Notepad
window.

Can you copy one or more addresses to a Windows folder? These vCard

(*.vcf)
files could be pasted into an Outlook contacts folder.

More Information
http://home.earthlink.net/~kuaytim/exportwab.htm

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim
"Realt World-Service Professionals"
oft.com wrote in

message
When I try to export or import no addressess show up.

"Kuay Tim" wrote:

Hi Realt World,

If Outlook is installed on the same PC try importing the WAB contacts.

The Outlook Express contacts can be exported as a comma-separated

values
(*.csv) file, or the OE contacts could be copied to a Windows folder
creating virtual card (vCard or *.vcf) files. Outlook supports both

types
of
files.

More Information
http://home.earthlink.net/~kuaytim/exportwab.htm

Also see Outlook help for "import wab' or try other key words.

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim