mailto vs stationery

Old June 20th 06, 12:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Giorgio

Default mailto vs stationery

Hi,
http://snipurl.com/s063
How can i solve without paying to know it?

Thanx

Old June 20th 06, 01:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Are you just looking to create an e-mail template? In Create Mail, make the
message as you wish and then File | Save As and save it to your Desktop.

Click on the Desktop icon at any time and go from there.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

. ..

Old June 20th 06, 01:44 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Giorgio

I created a stationery and i set it as default for OE mails.
It works if i make the mail with button "new mail" in OE, but it doesnt work
if i create a mail clicking on a mailto url

Old June 20th 06, 01:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Sorry, but I am not sure exactly what you want to do, (Both posts).

Stick around for a suggestion from someone else.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old June 20th 06, 02:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Giorgio

Sorry, but I am not sure exactly what you want to do

maybe my english..
but here it's well explained: http://snipurl.com/s063
expecially:
"how can i create an e-mail template containing text/images etc. that will
automatically be added to every new e-mail created when the e-mail is
started by clicking on a "mailto" URL link on a web page.

i tried using stationery in outlook express, but it only works when the new
email is started in outlook express... the stationery is not applied to
emails that are "spawned" when clicking on "mailto" URL links on web pages.
"

Old June 20th 06, 02:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

I only know how to create a template that is used when starting a new
message with OE. I don't know how to include a template when clicking on a
Web Page mailto link.

I am not sure if it is possible, but keep checking back. Perhaps someone
else has a suggestion.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old June 20th 06, 02:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Ken

Hi,

Assuming when clicking on a "mailto" URL link on a web page a new Outlook
Express message is started.

You may be able to accomplish what you want by choosing Format, on it's
menu, make sure Rich Text is ticked, select Apply Stationery, choose your
desired stationery.

Ken

Old June 20th 06, 01:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Noel Paton

"Giorgio" wrote in message
is this true? http://snipurl.com/s07q

If Sue says it, you can pretty much guarantee it's true! - at least for
Outlook... it is probably also true for OE, in this case

--
Noel Paton (MS-MVP 2002-2006, Windows)

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi
http://www.crashfixpc.com/millsrpch.htm