OUTLOOK EXPRESS OPENING PICTURE ATTACHMENTS

Old June 19th 06, 10:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
lee

Default OUTLOOK EXPRESS OPENING PICTURE ATTACHMENTS

When I try to open a picture attachment I get the following message: This
file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action.
Creat an association in the Folders Options control panel. I go there but I
have no idea how to create the association. And I don't know why I lost the
original association. I think it may have something to do with using my Kodak
Easy Share software.
Old June 19th 06, 10:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

See the info at this link to help reset your associations correctly:
http://www.oehelp.com/noimg.aspx
--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

Old June 20th 06, 12:22 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Michael Santovec

See the Identifying Attachment File Types and Setting File Associations
section of
Decoding Internet Attachments - A Tutorial
http://pages.prodigy.net/michael_san...e.htm#identify

If you save the attachment (e.g. File, Save Attachments) and then can
double click the saved file and it opens OK, that would point to file
association missing the OPEN action as discussed in the above link.

Old June 20th 06, 12:40 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
trekgirl69

when that happened to me i used the option look on web
what ended up was the computer needs to use the windows picture and fax
viewer.
to get it to work the first time i had to save the attachment to my desktop
and then open it from there with the microsoft power point viewer
one of those should work