SMTP Rejected email address

Old June 17th 06, 03:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
FyrFtrEmt

Default SMTP Rejected email address

This problem started yesteday and only occurs using Outlook Express (if
I log into the Charter web site I can send email fine). I have no
problems receiving mail...only sending to an address OUTSIDE
Charter.net.

The following message occurs:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
'. Subject 'still another test', Account: 'Charter
Email', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response:
'550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

None of my settings have changed in Outlook Express. Port 25
SMTP.charter.net, bo authentication, etc.

I tried to call their tech support.....they had no clue.

Please help! Thanks in advance
Terry

Old June 17th 06, 03:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

550 - Relaying not allowed:
http://www.insideoe.com/problems/errors.htm#relay550

Error Number: 0x800CCC79:
http://support.microsoft.com/default...en-us%3B290808
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

oups.com...

Old June 17th 06, 08:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM

"FyrFtrEmt" wrote in message
oups.com...
This problem started yesteday and only occurs using Outlook Express (if
I log into the Charter web site I can send email fine). I have no
problems receiving mail...only sending to an address OUTSIDE
Charter.net.

The following message occurs:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
'. Subject 'still another test', Account: 'Charter
Email', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response:
'550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

None of my settings have changed in Outlook Express. Port 25
SMTP.charter.net, bo authentication, etc.

I tried to call their tech support.....they had no clue.

Please help! Thanks in advance
Terry

Besides relaying, I get this message when there are more recipients than my
SMTP server allows.

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM
Please reply in newsgroup.

Old June 17th 06, 10:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Vanguard

"FyrFtrEmt" wrote in message
oups.com...
This problem started yesteday and only occurs using Outlook Express
(if
I log into the Charter web site I can send email fine). I have no
problems receiving mail...only sending to an address OUTSIDE
Charter.net.

The following message occurs:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
'. Subject 'still another test', Account: 'Charter
Email', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response:
'550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

Go into your e-mail account definition and authenticate to the SMTP
server, especially if you are connecting to their SMTP host from
off-domain. Use the SMTP server on the same network (domain) to which
you connect (some ISPs won't allow you to use an off-domain SMTP
server).

For info on off-domain port 25 (SMTP) traffic blocked to thwart spam
from spamming or infected customers, read:

http://www.commercestreet.com/Blocking_Port_25.htm
http://help.yahoo.com/help/us/mail/pop/pop-38.html

http://www.postcastserver.com/help/P..._Blocking.aspx
http://www.aota.net/Troubleshooting/port25.php4
http://www.spamhaus.org/faq/answers....m%20Issues#133
http://www.findarticles.com/p/articl.../ai_ziff129473

http://www.google.com/search?q=%2Bbl...2BSMTP+%2Bspam

Old June 18th 06, 11:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

On 16 Jun 2006 19:42:08 -0700, FyrFtrEmt wrote:

This problem started yesteday and only occurs using Outlook Express (if
I log into the Charter web site I can send email fine). I have no
problems receiving mail...only sending to an address OUTSIDE
Charter.net.

The following message occurs:

The message could not be sent because one of the recipients was
rejected by the server. The rejected e-mail address was
'. Subject 'still another test', Account: 'Charter
Email', Server: 'smtp.charter.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response:
'550 #5.1.0 Address rejected.', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server
Error: 550, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

None of my settings have changed in Outlook Express. Port 25
SMTP.charter.net, bo authentication, etc.

I tried to call their tech support.....they had no clue.

Charter SMTP output servers occasionally get blacklisted. If you use the
Web Mail, instead of the SMTP server, your email takes a different path
through the Charter email system, to an SMTP output server which isn't
listed.

According to the error message, this appears to be an issue between
Charter and AOL. You need to find the Charter mail administrator contact
information, and inform that administrator that AOL is blocking email
from Charter SMTP relay clients. After that it is up to Charter to
negotiate with the AOL email administrator to get the Charter servers
unblocked.

No, I don't know how to contact the Charter email administrator for
this; I am not a Charter customer. I have been through this with the SBC
(now at&t) email administrator, though.

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come