email pictures

Old May 21st 06, 07:09 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Guest

Default email pictures

People send me emails with pictures. I receive the printed email but for the
picture I get a square with a red x in the corner.
PLEASE HELP.
Shirley

Old May 21st 06, 09:30 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, OE/WM

Is this all email pictures or some?
Tools | Options | Security
What options are checked?

--
Frank Saunders, MS/MVP, OE/WM
http://www.fjsmjs.com

Old May 21st 06, 03:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jim Pickering

See the info at this link which may help:
Red X:
http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm

--
Jim Pickering, MVP, Outlook Express
https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/pr...8-1171988A62D6

Old May 21st 06, 03:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

There are a few possibilities. Some are on the sender's end, and some may be
on your end.

See these links for information:

http://www.fjsmjs.com/IE/redx.htm
And:
http://insideoe.tomsterdam.com/faqs/why.htm#nopreview
And:
http://www.oehelp.com/noimg.aspx
And:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=246186
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

Old May 21st 06, 03:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kuay Tim

Hi Charlene,

I assume the pictures are sent as embedded objects in a Rich Text (HTML)
formatted message. On the View menu of such a message is block content of
HTML messages selected and will pictures show after choosing to view
content?

Check the settings in OE Tools, Options Security.
Has block content of HTML messages been selected?

Check the properties of the message to see if the picture or pictures are
included. There should be a large block of coded text there for a picture.

It is also possible that the sender is not including pictures when
sending -- more likely if all such messages are from one person.
OE Tools, Options Send ... Mail HTML Settings (button)

--
Tim K.
aka Kuay Tim