Problems Sending Email

Old April 17th 06, 09:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Lennard

Default Problems Sending Email

Hi,

I'm a Hotmail Plus subscriber.

Lately I've not been successful in sending emails through Outlook Express,
as I use Hotmail with it. The mails will just be stuck in Outbox with the
following error:

"An unknown error has occurred. Account: 'Hotmail', Server:
'http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp', Protocol: HTTPMail,
Port: 0, Secure(SSL): No, Socket Error: 12019, Error Number: 0x80004005"

I've tried using to remove and re-add my account, that didn't help.
Subsequently, I went into forums for help and changed the Hotmail Server to:
http://oe.hotmail.com/secure/hmdata

That didn't solve the problem, so my last resort was to uninstall Outlook
Express from Control Panel/Windows Component and reinstall. Unfortunately
that still didn't work.

Currently I stick to using Windows Live Mail web-based to send mails, while
I use Outlook Express to receive and archive my mails. Could there be
something unstable to my contact list ever since I've moved to the Beta
version?

Hope my feedback is useful. Appreciate if anyone could help to look into my
Outlook Express problem. Many thanks in advance.

Regards,
Lennard
Old April 17th 06, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Galen

In ,
Lennard had this to say:

[...]

Took me a minute to figure it out... You applied for and accepted the beta
invitation? In your options (via the web interface) you'll need to
unsubscribe yourself from the beta probably. The Live Mail doesn't work with
Outlook Express at this time for any of my accounts that normally work with
OE and I suspect that the pay accounts don't work properly yet either.

--
Galen - MS MVP - Windows (Shell/User & IE)
http://dts-l.org/

"At present I am, as you know, fairly busy, but I propose to devote my
declining years to the composition of a textbook which shall focus the
whole art of detection into one volume." - Sherlock Holmes

Old April 17th 06, 09:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
AlmostBob

http://www.just****inggoogleit.com/search?query="Protocol:+HTTPMail,+Port:+0+Secure(S SL):+No,+Socket+Error:+12019,+Error+Number:+0x8000 4005"

--
-
Adaware http://www.lavasoft.de
spybot http://security.kolla.de
Etrust/Vet/CA.online Antivirus scan
Panda online AntiVirus scan http://www.activescan.com
Panda online AntiSpyware Scan
http://www.pandasoftware.com/virus_info/spyware/test/
Catalog of removal tools (1)
Catalog of removal tools (2)
http://www3.ca.com/securityadvisor/n...aspx?CID=40387
Trouble Shooting guide to Windows http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/
http://mvps.org/winhelp2002/hosts.htm
links provided as a courtesy, read all instructions on the pages before
use
Grateful thanks to the authors/webmasters
_