My Sent Emails Dont Arrive???

Old April 11th 06, 10:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Alan Considine

Default My Sent Emails Dont Arrive???

Hi, my Send Emails go to the OutBox, then appear in the SentBox, but no-one
recieves them, no Error Message or anything. I,ve turned off the Firewall,
Pop-Ups,etc. If its related, I also cant use any internet addresses in my
Emails to go to those addresses direct. Somethings gone wrong an its bugging
me!!!

--
Alan C. Considine.

Old April 11th 06, 10:37 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
mac

"Alan Considine" wrote in message
Hi, my Send Emails go to the OutBox, then appear in the SentBox, but
no-one recieves them, no Error Message or anything. I,ve turned off the
Firewall, Pop-Ups,etc. If its related, I also cant use any internet
addresses in my Emails to go to those addresses direct. Somethings gone
wrong an its bugging me!!!

Have you tried sending a message to yourself? Do you receive it?
Get back on this.

Regarding your links in email:
See-
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS]

Old April 11th 06, 03:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Howard Nelson

" mac" wrote in message

"Alan Considine" wrote in message
Hi, my Send Emails go to the OutBox, then appear in the SentBox, but
no-one recieves them, no Error Message or anything. I,ve turned off the
Firewall, Pop-Ups,etc. If its related, I also cant use any internet
addresses in my Emails to go to those addresses direct. Somethings gone
wrong an its bugging me!!!

Have you tried sending a message to yourself? Do you receive it?
Get back on this.

Regarding your links in email:
See-
http://www.fjsmjs.com/OE/nolinks.htm

--
Regards Steve.
MS-MVP. OE. [DTS]

I have the same problem and when I post to myself it does not show up on the
pacbell server. Whenever I use another computer (same settings for ISP
server) everything works fine. I tried rebuilding outbox and sent box as
outlined in another post and now messages show up in sent box do not show up
in outbox and do not show up on server. Very frustrating. Only difference is
this computer is on modem. I can retrieve messages from ISP server fine. I
can surf with IE and Foxfire fine. Just can't send mail.

Howard

Old April 11th 06, 04:13 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

Was OE closed when you deleted the Outbox and Sent Items? It needs to be to
take effect.

That said, generally, if a message appears in Sent Items, it has arrived at
the ISP. Are you using a Spam program provided by your ISP?

Another possibility is that you may have a damaged identity. File | Identity
| Add New Identity. Create a new one and test it. If all is well, you can
import your messages from the old identity and delete it.

How to Create and Use Identities in Outlook Express
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=209169
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express

"Howard Nelson" wrote in message
et...

Old April 11th 06, 10:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
N. Miller

On Tue, 11 Apr 2006 10:16:38 +0100, Alan Considine wrote:

Hi, my Send Emails go to the OutBox, then appear in the SentBox, but no-one
recieves them, no Error Message or anything. I,ve turned off the Firewall,
Pop-Ups,etc.

When MSOE places an item in the "Sent Items" folder, that means that it
received an acknowledgement from the message submissions server that the
message was accepted for delivery. At that point, whatever happens next
has nothing to do with MSOE.

If its related, I also cant use any internet addresses in my Emails to go
to those addresses direct. Somethings gone wrong an its bugging me!!!

I am not sure what you mean. Could you explain it a little better? Would
those "Internet addresses" be "email addresses", or "IP addresses"? Or
something else, entirely?

--
Norman
~Oh Lord, why have you come
Old April 12th 06, 03:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Shelly F

wrote:

Hi, my Send Emails go to the OutBox, then appear in the SentBox, but no-one
recieves them, no Error Message or anything. I,ve turned off the Firewall,
Pop-Ups,etc. If its related, I also cant use any internet addresses in my
Emails to go to those addresses direct. Somethings gone wrong an its bugging
me!!!

This happens when y'all send thru one ISP to y'alls own ISP. The
message goes nowheres. As an example, send an e-mail at a hotel, it
gets sent to the hotel ISP, but does not go thru most ISP's, including
COX. Just dies right there. I have confirmed this with Cox tech
support just the other day. I receive with Cox, but send with Hotmail
when on the road, as an example.
hth

Old April 12th 06, 04:53 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Howard Nelson

" mac" wrote in message

[...]

1. Restored outbox and sent folder. Messages then appeared in sent folder
but still "disappeared" on way to ISP server.
2. Created new identity. Used all same parameters as first ID. Second ID
works perfectly.

To figure
Windows and all of its children remain a mystery to me.

Howard

Old April 12th 06, 05:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bruce Hagen

A damaged identity, especially the main default identity is very common in
OE. But then, anything going wrong with OE is common. Glad you got it fixed.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS MVP - Outlook Express
~IB-CA~

. com...

rules dont save peter Outlook Express 5 April 6th 06 05:30 PM
I dont have an exchange server mc7_of_9 Outlook - Installation 1 April 2nd 06 11:49 PM
Calendar meeting arrive as regular emails schneid Outlook - Calandaring 1 March 15th 06 03:16 PM
My MYOB atachments dont allways send. Alarm Tech Outlook - Calandaring 3 February 14th 06 02:12 PM
Spell check dont work Lowryder Outlook Express 1 January 31st 06 08:20 PM