redirect virus plus MSE fails to open

Old January 24th 11, 07:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Jason

Default redirect virus plus MSE fails to open

I am running xp service pak 3. I have the redirect virus which directs me
to unwanted web sites. To get rid of it I run AVG, malwalre bytes,
kaspersky tdss killer. When I run these programs sometimes trojans are
found and removed and other times nothing is found. I think I am of rid of
the redirect, then it comes back on my next search. I also now have a
problem with ms security essentials. It will no longer open or run and I
can not download a new version. MSE used to work and now it doesn't. I
wonder if this is related to the redirect virus. I have purchased a new
computer and the easy tranfer cable but have been holding off the transfer
because of the problems I am having on my old pc.

Old January 24th 11, 10:30 PM posted to alt.comp.virus,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Peter Foldes

Crossposted to the proper group. alt.comp.virus

--
Peter
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

Old January 25th 11, 12:01 AM posted to alt.comp.virus,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
VanguardLH[_2_]

Peter Foldes wrote:

Crossposted to the proper group. alt.comp.virus

original post obscured by improper placement of sigdash line

PUH-LEAZE put your signature at the *end* of your replies.
Or don't even bother to add a signature as it is just fluff.
Or configure OE to *not* add your signature to your replies.
Old January 25th 11, 12:53 AM posted to alt.comp.virus,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
David H. Lipman

From: "Peter Foldes"

| "Jason" wrote in message
I am running xp service pak 3. I have the redirect virus which directs me to
unwanted web sites. To get rid of it I run AVG, malwalre bytes, kaspersky tdss
killer. When I run these programs sometimes trojans are found and removed and
other times nothing is found. I think I am of rid of the redirect, then it comes
back on my next search. I also now have a problem with ms security essentials. It
will no longer open or run and I can not download a new version. MSE used to work
and now it doesn't. I wonder if this is related to the redirect virus. I have
purchased a new computer and the easy tranfer cable but have been holding off the
transfer because of the problems I am having on my old pc.

There is no such thing as a "redirect virus".

There may be a trojan that re-directs you browsing but its not called a "redirect virus"
and as a trojan it has its own name. It could be that a legitimate OS file was
trojanized.

Please download my Multi AV Scanning Tool listed in my signature.

Run the Trend Micro, Avira and Sophos modules with Trend Micro being the first to be
executed.

--
Dave
Multi-AV Scanning Tool - http://www.pctipp.ch/downloads/dl/35905.asp

Old January 25th 11, 04:34 PM posted to alt.comp.virus,microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries[_2_]

"VanguardLH" wrote in message
Peter Foldes wrote:

Crossposted to the proper group. alt.comp.virus

original post obscured by improper placement of sigdash line

PUH-LEAZE put your signature at the *end* of your replies.
Or don't even bother to add a signature as it is just fluff.
Or configure OE to *not* add your signature to your replies.

PUH-LEAZE take your control-freak compulsion, fold it into sharp corners and
stick it where the sun don't shine.

--
Rhonda Lea Kirk Fries

If you have something that you don't want anyone to know,
maybe you shouldn't be doing it in the first place. Eric Schmidt