Messages from this one site freeze my computer

Old April 3rd 06, 12:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Bill Snow

Default Messages from this one site freeze my computer

"Bill Snow" wrote in message news:...

"Bill Snow" wrote in message news:...
Setting Read messages to plain text only does not freeze my computer unless
I open the attachment which I have copied to my hard disk. The size jumped
from 8.98KB to 12KB by the copy. If I open the copied file it starts to
display the message then freezes. Some of the graphics now display that don't when attempting to view the original email. The ZoneAlarm icon in the sys tray has all red bars lit and all the green except the top bar. It appears as though some kind of conflict is occurring.

I had tried disabling both Symantec and ZA in the past but the same thing
happened. Haven't tried it opening from saved file. Will try it and let you
know.

Bill

"Steve Cochran" wrote in message
news
If you want, send me the message as an attachment and I'll take a look at

it
and see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Usually its a formatting error by the sender, but I don't know what would
make it crash.

If you go to Tools | Options | Read and check to read messages in plain

text
only, does it still crash when you open it?

steve

"Bill Snow" wrote in message
I get email from a group called "Clean Power Now". When I try to read it

it
almost immediately freezes my computer. This also happens if it is the
last
message in the preview pane. This happens to me on this old Dell running
Win
98SE even if the email is forwarded to me by someone else that was able

read it fine. There does not appear to be anyone else but me that this
happens to. The ZoneAlarm icon in the tray usually indicate that data is
being sent both ways but nothing I do has any effect. Even after an hour
the
only thing I can do is reboot via a button. CtlAltDel does nothing.

Any suggestions as to how to find out why this is happening? Is there a
way
to log what is happening that can be looked at after a reboot?

Bill Snow