"You cannot respond to a meeting without an organizer."

Old January 26th 09, 03:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Eliz.

Default "You cannot respond to a meeting without an organizer."

PC XP sp2 with Outlook Pro 2003, Exchange 2003 server. User running Outlook,
no other program, trying to accept a meeting invitation. Error: "You cannot
respond to a meeting without an organizer. You must add an organizer field to
the item." Meeting obviously has an organizer or it could not have sent the
invitation. Any suggestions?

Old March 13th 09, 10:57 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
goosey

I have a very similar issue.

I have someone who is trying to decline an established meeting on behalf of
someone else. The meeting already has an organizer (the person who setup the
meeting a few months ago), but my user is getting the error "You cannot
respond to a meeting without an organizer. You must add an Organizer field to
the item." when she attempts to decline. I've already installed Microsoft fix
896253, which supposedly fixes a problem associated with this error, but no
luck. The machine in question has Office SP3 installed and all current
updates.