Why won't new appointments save in calendar?

Old December 3rd 08, 07:19 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Trevor

Default Why won't new appointments save in calendar?

My Outlook calendar all of a sudden won't accept new appointments. I can
type them into a timeslot directly but they won't save; can't enter via "new"
button. Any thoughts?
Old December 3rd 08, 07:29 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

None without any details.

Outlook version? Any error messages? Define "won't save."

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, Trevor asked:

Old December 3rd 08, 08:10 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Trevor

Outlook 2003. The error message I receive is "Could not save item". That's
when I enter directly into calendar and hit return. If I gtry to enter
apointment via "new" etc, it won't open.

Old December 3rd 08, 11:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Will

Funny I'm having the exact same problem. Outlook 2003. First noticed the
problem yesterday, Dec 2, 2008.

Old December 4th 08, 04:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Try a Detect and Repair from the Help menu. If that does not work, then try
clearing the forms cache.

To clear the Forms Cache, go to Tools-options-other-advanced-custom
forms-manage.-clear cache. Close and restart Outlook and try again with a
new appointment.

Old December 10th 08, 04:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Wendy

I am also having the exact same problems (Outlook 2003) that my calendar
suddenly (the last week or so) will not save items entered in the line on the
calendar or even open when I double click to enter a calendar item. The
error message is the same as others have reported - "could not save item". I
have tried the Detect and Repair suggestion and clearing the forms cache -
exited Outlook and re-opened. The problem still exists. One other interest
tidbit is that when I add an item to my Blackberry and sync, it goes into the
Outlook calendar just fine, althoguh I can't make any changes to save once
it's in there. Any further thoughts?

Wendy

Old December 17th 08, 10:55 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Pachoey[_2_]

We have a client experiencing the very same issue - Outlook 2007.

She has noted that it only happens when she's offline?

Joe-
Old January 14th 09, 11:52 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
DanielG

We are having the same sort of problems as per my post from 1/11 - can't
save, can't post, did not have this problem a month ago. What's changed? A
new year, a first sync with an iPhone. When an appt is made in iPhone and
then synced, no problem, it shows up in the Calendar but we can't make an
appt directly. What to do?

Old January 15th 09, 06:33 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

iPhones are the bane of Outlook. Crappy coding for their sync software. Say
what you want, Apply does not understand Outlook;

See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/iphonesync.asp

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

ALWAYS post your Outlook version.

After furious head scratching, DanielG asked:

Old February 26th 09, 05:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Gerry Lattimer

I experienced the same problem and removed an XP update and it fixed the
problem.

Windows XP KB967715 was removed from your computer, and the previous Windows
XP configuration was restored.