Displaying/hiding birthdays

Old June 30th 08, 01:59 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
klaus

Default Displaying/hiding birthdays

Is there a way to hide my contacts birthdays? I like to display them
sometimes but hide them other times. Does anybody know if there's a way to
do this?
Old June 30th 08, 02:23 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)

I suppose you could customize the view to only show items where the
subject doesn't include "Birthday".

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

:

Old June 30th 08, 07:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Bob Levin

Hi Ben: Thats a good tip. However, am I correct that, In that case, the
contacts that had birthdays listed, would not display at all? I take it there
is no way to have the contact display, but not have their name appear in
calendar (month view)? It would be nice if there was a way to toggle it on
and off. Thanks for your reply to Klaus.
--
Bob Levin

:

Old July 1st 08, 02:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Bob Levin wrote:

Hi Ben: Thats a good tip. However, am I correct that, In that case,
the contacts that had birthdays listed, would not display at all? I
take it there is no way to have the contact display, but not have
their name appear in calendar (month view)? It would be nice if there
was a way to toggle it on and off. Thanks for your reply to Klaus.

You can either filter the event so it doesn't appear or allow it to appear.
You can't suppress only specific information within the event.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]