Appts w/ different default lengths

Old June 7th 08, 09:25 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
pdberger

Default Appts w/ different default lengths

Good afternoon --

Is it possible to set up different kinds of appointments that take different
lengths? For example, every time I want to schedule a haircut, it might be
15 minutes (I'm pretty bald). But every psychiatrist appointment might be 2
hours (go figure). Can I set up Outlook to remember that, for perhaps a
dozen different kinds of things?

TIA
Old June 8th 08, 06:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

Well, you can set up recurring appointments, is that what you want?

It's not very easy to set up an "appointment template" per se, though I
suppose you could script it with AutoHotKey. (http://www.autohotkey.com)

--
-Ben-
Ben M. Schorr, MVP

Old June 8th 08, 07:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
pdberger

Ben --

Not quite what I'm looking for. My wife works in an office where they use
Outlook to schedule client services for each other. One kind of service
takes routinely takes 2 hours, another routinely takes 30 minutes etc. They
have an ongoing problem of the person scheduling not setting aside the right
amount of time, and it messes up a lot of people's lives. So I'd like
Outlook to remember that if they're scheduling someone for Service 1, it
takes two hours. But if they're someone for Service 2 then it takes 30
minutes.

Any way of doing that?

TIA

Peter

Old June 9th 08, 12:01 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Not natively but I am not sure if a coding solution would work. You might
want to ask "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_vba or look
into code samples at http://www.outlookcode.com.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]