Re-Post: Import Excel files into Outlook

Old January 4th 08, 12:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Joan M

Default Re-Post: Import Excel files into Outlook

I'm trying to import Excel data into Outlook 2003 calendar, but when I click
on "Import from another program or file," Excel doesn't show up on the list.
I've re-loaded Outlook...made sure that the Excel translator is
installed...and done everything else I can think of...but the only programs
listed are Act, comma-separated value, dBase, ECCO, and Lotus Notes. Can
anyone help? This is a re-post from an earlier post, as the first one doesn't
appear in the Discussion Group threads. Thanx!
--
Joan M.
Old January 4th 08, 01:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Joan M wrote:

I'm trying to import Excel data into Outlook 2003 calendar, but when
I click on "Import from another program or file," Excel doesn't show
up on the list. I've re-loaded Outlook...made sure that the Excel
translator is installed...and done everything else I can think
of...but the only programs listed are Act, comma-separated value,
dBase, ECCO, and Lotus Notes. Can anyone help? This is a re-post
from an earlier post, as the first one doesn't appear in the
Discussion Group threads. Thanx!

Use the Office installation wizard to add the Excel importers and exporters.
--
Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook]

Old January 4th 08, 04:07 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson \(MVP Outlook\)

No need to repost - I was still watching your original post.

You never bothered to answer the first diagnostic question I asked you. Here
it is again. Are your copies of Excel and Outlook the same verion eg 2003 or
2007?

How did you go running diagniostics?

Here are some tips about how to post questions:
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=555375

Regards

Judy Gleeson
MVP Outlook
Trainer and Consultant

There are various articles about using Outlook he
www.judygleeson.com/articles.aspx
Canberra, Australia

"What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each
other?"
George Eliot

Old January 4th 08, 04:50 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Joan M

Sorry, Judy...for some reason, I was never notified of any responses (even
tho I checked "Notify me of replies.") OK: both Excel and Outlook are 2003,
purchased as part of Office XP Professional. I did not run any specific
diagnostics other than checking Help files on both Outlook & Excel, and
checking the MS support pages and the discussion groups. However, here's what
I did: ran "Detect & Repair" from Outlook; then inserted the Office disc and
from Setup, checked the "Add & Remove Features" to make certain the Outlook
translators were installed (which they were). Also ran "Repair Office."
Nothing made any difference at all.
--
Joan M.

Old January 4th 08, 05:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook][_2_]

Office XP versions are all 2002. Office 2003 versions are all 2003. Please clarify.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Joan M asked:

Old January 4th 08, 06:11 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
John Guin[_2_]

As a temporary workaround, can you save the Excel sheet as a Comma Seperated
Value (*.CSV) file and try importing that file?

--
Thanks,
John Guin

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Office XP versions are all 2002. Office 2003 versions are all 2003. Please clarify.

--Â

Old January 5th 08, 04:00 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Joan M

Sorry, Milly...that was a typo. Should be Office XP 2002.
--
Joan M.

Old January 5th 08, 04:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Joan M

Never thought of that, John...I'll try it! (I've also ordered Office 2007,
which should hopefully solve the problem. We'll see........)
--
Joan M.