Shared Public and Private Calendar

Old November 6th 07, 07:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
steve

Default Shared Public and Private Calendar

We are using Outlook 2003 and Exchange 2003.

Probelm 1 - One of the bosses has a shared calendar in
the public folders. He has Owner permissions to the
public calendar. He has several administrative
assistants that add appointments and meetings to the
public calendar. The assistants also have owner
permissions.

When the assistants setup meetings they send out
invitations. They are unable to see who was invited
to the meetings on the scheduling tab. They can only
see themselves. Also, they are unable to see

How can I setup the calendar to display the atendees
on the scheduling tab?

Problem 2 - The boss wants the public calendar
linked/synchronized to his personal calendar in his
email account so he can add an appointment/meeting to
one calendar, personal or public, and that appointment
automatically appears on the other calendar.

Can that be done? If so how?

Thanks!
Steve

Old November 7th 07, 08:21 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

Can that be done? If so how?

Thanks!
Steve

Hi Steve,

No this is not functionality that you will find in Exchange Server.
That's why we made an add-on for it. www.ExchangeGroupCalendar.com

regards,
John

Old November 7th 07, 10:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Oliver Vukovics

Hi Steve,

have a look on thissite for several 3rd party tools who support this
functions:

"Maintaining a Group Calendar in Outlook"
http://www.slipstick.com/calendar/scheduleall.htm

Maybe it helps.

--
Oliver Vukovics
Share your Outlook PST files without Exchange: Public ShareFolder

Old November 7th 07, 12:14 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Steve[_8_]

John:
Thanks for the response. Are you saying both problems cannot be
resolved without third party software?

Steve.

Old November 10th 07, 09:41 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky

Correct. The only way you can handle it in outlook is by using the calendar
in his mailbox, not a public folder calendar.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old December 5th 07, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

Diane,

I've been also experimenting with a private calendar, and realized
that it does not allow me to set reminders for the meetings placed on
the private calendar.

Is there a workaround for that?

- Dmitry.
Old December 6th 07, 02:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky

Version? Extended Reminders from www.slovaktech.com will definitely take
care of it.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Outlook Tips by email:

Outlook Tips:
http://www.outlook-tips.net/

Old December 8th 07, 10:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

Of course, sorry ... I'm using Outlook 2003.

I'm still dumbfounded that this is not a built in feature of Outlook.
Why not have reminders as a standard feature of a private calendar.
There has to be some technical reason. I'm just curious.

- Dima