how do I make shortcut of a specific calendar in my desktop?

Old July 19th 07, 04:32 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Joeana

Default how do I make shortcut of a specific calendar in my desktop?

I've been trying to make a shortcut of a specifc calendar in my desktop. In
other words, I will still have my Outlook Icon that opens in my inbox besides
the calendar icon that opens an specific calendar folder. I want to be able
to set a different settings in both Outlook and Calendar. I hope I am making
any sense.
Old July 19th 07, 06:02 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Joeana wrote:

I've been trying to make a shortcut of a specifc calendar in my
desktop. In other words, I will still have my Outlook Icon that opens
in my inbox besides the calendar icon that opens an specific calendar
folder. I want to be able to set a different settings in both Outlook
and Calendar. I hope I am making any sense.

If this calendar is in your data store, you can create a shortcut whose
target is

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\OfficeXX\Outlook.exe" /folder
outlook:yourcalendar

where "XX" depends on your version of Outlook (which you decided to keep
secret) and "yourfolder" is the name of your calednar folder. Any changes
you make to setings in th calednar that opens will, of course, be reflected
in any other Outlook window you have open, since you're using the exact same
Outlook and Outlook data store. If, for example, you change the view in the
separate calendar from the Day view to, say, the Month view and then close
that window, if you open the calendar in the original Outlook window, it,
too, will display in the Month view. As long as you leave both windows
open, you can have separate views in the two, but as soon as you close one,
the view gets saved. Both windows are actually the same Outlook instance.
You won't see two "outlook.exe" processes on your PC.
--
Brian Tillman

Old July 19th 07, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Brian Tillman wrote:

If this calendar is in your data store, you can create a shortcut
whose target is

"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\OfficeXX\Outlook.exe" /folder
outlook:yourcalendar

There is no line wrap in the real taget. The line wrap here is an artifact
of the newsreader. There is a space in front and behind "/folder" and
"outlook:..." follows the trailing space.
--
Brian Tillman

Old July 23rd 07, 11:44 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Joeana

Thanks for the reply. First I'd like to ask about data store. I have no clue
what it means. But I can say that the calendar I was taliking about is a
shared public folder. I hope I am making any sense. I was told that they were
able to make a different properties using Office 2003. I have the same
thoughts about having outlook.exe twice is impossible. So I kept on saying
that it might have something to do with the public folder itself or our main
server that is allowing us to access.

I do have next questions after this but it is about Access 2007. There are 3
of us who used to open a data base/ folder all at the same time /
simultaneounsly and do some editing with no problems using Access 2003. Can
anybody tell me how to do this again in Access 2007. I did set all the
permission to my other two co-worker but they were nbot able to open the
database unless I exited the folder.

Old July 24th 07, 02:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Joeana wrote:

Thanks for the reply. First I'd like to ask about data store. I have
no clue what it means.

It means the place where your Outlook data is stored, either a PST (Personal
Folders file or Exchange mailbox).

But I can say that the calendar I was taliking
about is a shared public folder.

The process is the same. Add the public folder calendar to your Public
Folders Favorites folder and then you can use:

"outlook:\Public Folders\Favorites\calendarname"

(with the quotes) after the /folder command switch.

I hope I am making any sense. I was
told that they were able to make a different properties using Office
2003. I have the same thoughts about having outlook.exe twice is
impossible.

As I said, you won't be running Outlook twice. You'll have two threads of
the same process.

I do have next questions after this but it is about Access 2007.

Ask in the Access newsgroups. microsoft.public.access.multiuser might be a
good place to start.
--
Brian Tillman