help

Old July 11th 07, 03:38 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
mattscratt

Default help

OK, I'll try to explain this as easily as possible.

all of us are on office 2003.

we schedule a meeting, go to attendee availability and we see their names
with the pretty purple or blue bars.

when we mouse over them, we can see exactly what the meeting is/how it is
entered.

is there anyway to make it default system wide that meetings are not
viewable(private)

the question came up because OMG the president of our company didn't want
others to know she was going to the chiropractor, thank goodness it wasn't a
colonoscopy!

thanks
Old July 11th 07, 06:49 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook

The default is that they are not viewable when moused over. Has your sys
admin changed the default permission level on calendars to something other
than None?

Judy Gleeson, MVP Outlook

Old July 11th 07, 01:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
mattscratt

Thank you , I'll check with him. Is this a feature only available in 03? i
found someone in the building on office xp and they cannot see they calendars
when moused over.

wonder where that setting hides on the exchange server.

Old August 22nd 07, 09:00 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Techy DuWright

I can also support your findings. We have a mixed environment that may be
close to yours. We are not able to see the information on the blue stripes
until we look with outlook 2003 and higher. Then we also see the
information. It seems that Outlook 2003 is picking up more information from
Exchange 2003 then it should.

WE did not have this when we were using Exchange 5.5.

We just moved exchange to 2003.

Was there an answer to this or are we the first to find it?