Outlook 2003 Shared calendar showing all appt. with same time

Old February 16th 06, 08:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
MCook

Default Outlook 2003 Shared calendar showing all appt. with same time

Outlook 2003 using exchange server. Shared calendar is showing all
appointments with the same time, 11 am to 11 pm, and there is a black clock
icon at the begining and end of each appointment. Any ideas?
Thanks
MCook
Old February 16th 06, 09:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

What is it supposed to show? Crystal ball is on lunch.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, MCook asked:

Old February 17th 06, 01:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
MCook

It should show the begining and ending times of the appointments. All of the
appointments show 11am to 11pm no matter when they are scheduled. It also has
shifted all of the appointment one day forward, ie Friday appointments show
up on Saturday. Time zones are correct on both the PC and in Outlook. User
was recently converted from Outlook 98 to Outlook 2003 with exchange server.
Thanks for the help!

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

What is it supposed to show? Crystal ball is on lunch.

--Â

Old February 18th 06, 11:06 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Sigh... what are the beginning and ending times of the appointments? Are
they all 12 hours long? ***You*** can see what you are talking about,
unfortunately, the rest of us cannot.

Old February 21st 06, 08:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
MCook

The start and end times of the appointments vary, it is a shared calendar and
the appointments are all different times. but no matter when the appointment
is set, the calendar shows 11 am to 11 pm.

No the appointments are not all 12 hours long, the calender however shows
them as 12 hours.

Sorry that I was not more clear about what I was speaking about.

Old May 3rd 06, 07:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
MD

We are having a similar issue. Appointment reminder sent for 8:30-9:00
a.m. arrives stating the meeting is at 7:30-8 a.m. Time zone is same and
both computers have correct time. Shared calendars are ending up with
times changed. Palm synchronizing works sometimes, but others who share
the calendar get wrong dates and times.

MD

Old February 23rd 07, 04:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Andrew

The exact same thing happened to me but just for appointments in March. Every
appointment I had scheduled shifted out by one hour. I didn't really notice
that it changed my appointment times, but I did notice that it changed all of
my 1 Day Events to Appointments that spanned over 2 days and showed a two
little black clock icons in the monthly calendar view on each appointment. I
changed everything back to one day events and then the next day everything
shifted again. Here's the response our Exchaged Admin sent out to our entire
company. Looks like it doesn't have anything to do with users setting time
zones - it happened if you (or your IT dept) installed the latest MS update.

"A Microsoft patch was pushed out this week to prepare for the Daylight
Savings time change that is taking place March 11. The patch caused Outlook
meetings scheduled from March 11 – April 1 to show 1 hour later than
scheduled. Do not make any adjustments to any meetings scheduled during this
timeframe. We are working on resolving the problem and I will notify you
when the issue is resolved"

Old April 15th 08, 07:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sharon

My Outlook shared calendar is doing the same thing. Did they ever have an
update to fix this problem?

Old April 15th 08, 08:43 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Andrew

Hi Sharon - yes, a couple of days later our Exhange Admin installed a
"Exchange Calendar Update" tool and all the appointments adjusted back to
their original and correct times. Here's the link to the MS article -
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/930879

It might be something more simple though for you, like making sure that
under Tools-Options-Preferences-Calendar Options-Time Zone you have the box
checked for adjust for daylight savings time.

Andrew