How do I get Active Appointments to show in Day/Week/Month view?

Old February 11th 06, 01:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Alison

Default How do I get Active Appointments to show in Day/Week/Month view?

I am using Microsoft Outlook Small Business 2003. I had Microsoft Outlook
Professional 2000, but when these problems occured, I upgraded the version of
Outlook, and it was working fine until I typed in "DONE" into an appointment.
I have appointments on my calendar, and when I complete them, I type in
"done" so that I know it is completed. Starting yesterday, everytime I do
that, it deletes the recurring appointment, and is not viewable on any day in
the "Day/Week/Month" view. Outlook has not completely deleted it, because I
can see the appointments just fine in the "Active Appointments" view. In
summary, I am having a hard time with the Day/Week/Month view, and need some
help! Thank you!
Old February 12th 06, 10:34 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Do you have a filter applied to that view?

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old February 13th 06, 08:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Alison

Default How do I get Active Appointments to show in Day/Week/Month vie

No, it doesn't look like I have any filters applied to that view. Could it
be anything else?

Old February 13th 06, 09:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Not really. The symptoms you describe all point to a filter. You might want to try creating a new view using the Day/Week/Month layout.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP

Old February 14th 06, 12:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Walter P. Zaehl

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
Not really. The symptoms you describe all point to a filter. You might want to try creating a new view using the Day/Week/Month layout.

Sue,

pls see my posts in several threads re a similar problem;
by now I sincerely think that there is some obscure bug
in the outlook presentation module(s) handling the graphical
calendar view, introduced by one of the bug fixes distributed
round mid January.

I have so far not been able to create a graphical view showing
any of those 'hidden' appointments that are visible in tabular views.

The appointments in question are hidden in following presentations:

Day/Week/Month
Outlook today
The Scheduling graph within appointment details

And are visible in all tabular views (By Category, Active,
Recurring, ...)

I still fail to see any difference in the appointments
in question (perhaps via a hex dump of the calendar database? ;-)

Curioser and curioser, Alice said ...

///Walter

news

Old February 14th 06, 06:33 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Alison

I tried to create a new view using the Day/Week/Month layout, and I am
getting the same problem. Next to the "Filter..." button in "Customize View"
it says "Off", so there are no filters applied, right?

Old February 15th 06, 11:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Walter P. Zaehl

Alison wrote:
I tried to create a new view using the Day/Week/Month layout, and I am
getting the same problem. Next to the "Filter..." button in "Customize View"
it says "Off", so there are no filters applied, right?

That's the obvious conclusion, I think.
Unless my conspiracy theory holds .. (the one suspecting the existence
of hidden properties and hidden filters only evaluated by day view ;-)

///Walter

Old February 15th 06, 11:45 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Walter P. Zaehl

Alison wrote:
Were you able to fix it at all, Walter?

Nope - still waiting for the local support ...
///Walter

"Walter P. Zaehl" wrote:

[...]

news