Calendar View - Hiding Appointments from View

Old April 27th 07, 05:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
John121

Default Calendar View - Hiding Appointments from View

We work in a medical office and therefore need confidentiality. I want to be
able to view the calendar in the "week" view and have the blocks appear busy
or free without displaying the name of the appointment.

When scheduling a client for a follow-up appt, they often look at the screen
for free space and I need the other appointment names hidden from view.

Any suggestions?

Old April 27th 07, 06:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

John121 wrote:

We work in a medical office and therefore need confidentiality. I
want to be able to view the calendar in the "week" view and have the
blocks appear busy or free without displaying the name of the
appointment.

When scheduling a client for a follow-up appt, they often look at the
screen for free space and I need the other appointment names hidden
from view.

Even if you were to use a scheduling tool specifically designed for a
doctor's office, you'd still have this problem. You can't hide your own
entries from yourself. Your best bet is to position your screen in such a
manner that is cannot be viewed by patients. It is your office's duty to
protect the privacy of the patients and having your scheduleing program in
an area where people can look over your shoulder is bad "practice".
--
Brian Tillman

Old April 27th 07, 07:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
John121

In Palm Desktop you can do this...you can actually hide your appointments
from yourself. There is a "hide" button that hides the names and leaves the
time block blue for busy and white for free. I can't believe Outlook doesn't
have the same feature.

We used this in Palm for a while because the Doc would sync his handheld.
Now that the practice has grown we have more users and they are on a Windows
based platform...

Old April 29th 07, 08:05 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

John121 wrote:

In Palm Desktop you can do this...you can actually hide your
appointments from yourself. There is a "hide" button that hides the
names and leaves the time block blue for busy and white for free. I
can't believe Outlook doesn't have the same feature.

Why should it?

We used this in Palm for a while because the Doc would sync his
handheld. Now that the practice has grown we have more users and they
are on a Windows based platform...

Then you'll have to look for a tool other than Outlook.
--
Brian Tillman