using outlook 2003 can I send out a BCC: to multiple invitees

Old February 5th 06, 06:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Terri

Default using outlook 2003 can I send out a BCC: to multiple invitees

I send out party invites twice monthly and perfer NEVER to allow other
invitees the ability to see others names or e-mails.
Old February 5th 06, 07:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Calendar items cannot use the BCC feature that email has.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Terri asked:

Old February 5th 06, 11:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jayde

Terri wrote:
I send out party invites twice monthly and perfer NEVER to allow other
invitees the ability to see others names or e-mails.

Assuming that this isn't an Exchange environment and you're not the
admin[1], I would do this:

1. Create the appointment in your calendar only. Do not invite anyone.
2. Open the appointment and go to the Action menu and select Forward as
iCalendar and put everyone on the BCC line.

Pro: No one can see who else is getting the iCal.
Con: You do not get automatic RSVPs.

I'm sure the MVPs can come up with other pros and cons.

-j

[1] If it's Exchange, and you're the admin, create a DL that you own, hide
its membership, and, before you send the invite out to the DL, set its
membership to the people you want to be on it. Pro: You get your RSVPs.
Con: It's hella complicated/Rube Goldbergian.