Outlook Calendar should highlight the pesent day so it stands

Old January 27th 06, 02:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Petems

Default Outlook Calendar should highlight the pesent day so it stands

I am having the same problem as listed here. I want more highlight for the
current day than the hardly noticeable blue bar but haven't found a way to do
it either. Has anyone come up with a solution?
--
Pete

"Ringmaster" wrote:

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

Ringmaster wrote:

I have the 31 day view, showing the 7 day work week (weekends are not
split). I use the orange bar for important events; however, I cannot
figure out how to have the current day of the month highlighted with
any color other than the thin blue line.

Here's what mine looks like. I can change the background, but the orange
highlighting of the current day always remains. I can't find any way NOT to
show it

Can anyone advise me how to do this?

Old January 27th 06, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

It's not possible.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Old January 27th 06, 03:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Ringmaster

Diane, I'm not sure how to "Agree" or "Disagree", because it appears that you
are using the Forum for advertising, which tends to confuse me, because you
are drifting from the original issue.

If I understand you correctly, you are stating "It's not possible" to make
the current date "stand out", or make it more readily visible, when we view
the "Calendar"; however, you don't seem to be taking a stand, as to whether
or not this feature should be included in a future up-date.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

It's not possible.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

Old January 27th 06, 04:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

Ringmaster wrote:

Diane, I'm not sure how to "Agree" or "Disagree", because it appears
that you are using the Forum for advertising, which tends to confuse
me, because you are drifting from the original issue.

She's not "drifting" at all. The poster "Petems" posted a reply as a new
thread not attached to the original. Petems asked if it was possible.
Diane answered "not possible". Petems didn't make a suggestion, so there's
no way to "agree" or "disagree".
--
Brian Tillman

Old January 27th 06, 07:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

He didn't ask my opinion only asked if he could. While its an often
requested feature, it won't be in Outlook 2003 or older. updates for those
versions are bug fixes only now that we're at SP2. Its not expected to be
in the next version either.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

"Ringmaster" wrote in message
Diane, I'm not sure how to "Agree" or "Disagree", because it appears that
you
are using the Forum for advertising, which tends to confuse me, because
you
are drifting from the original issue.

If I understand you correctly, you are stating "It's not possible" to make
the current date "stand out", or make it more readily visible, when we
view
the "Calendar"; however, you don't seem to be taking a stand, as to
whether
or not this feature should be included in a future up-date.

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

It's not possible.

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]
Need Help with Common Tasks?

Old January 27th 06, 08:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Ringmaster

Diane,

I apologize for my prior post regarding advertising; I didn't realize you
were with Microsoft (big screw-up). Regarding "Agree/Disagree": I meant I
didn't know how to vote for this suggestion.

I have little experience with the Forum, but I think I am learning quickly!

Best Regards
John Anderson

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

It's not possible.

Old January 27th 06, 09:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Diane Poremsky [MVP]

you *could* choose helpful, but since its not a suggestion, it probably
won't be counted as a feature request.

--

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

It's not possible.

Old January 28th 06, 12:43 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Petems

Thanks for the answer to my question. It will save me a lot of time spent in
a futile search! I must admit when I saw so many replies in the thread I was
excited but ......well it was educational LOL
--
Pete

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

[...]

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

It's not possible.

Old January 28th 06, 09:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Ringmaster

Diane,

The whole thread really was helpful, and you were too! Can't help but laugh
a little, because it started out as a suggestion. Can we turn it back into a
suggestion? (just kidding).

Thanks for your patience!
John

"Diane Poremsky [MVP]" wrote:

[...]