Outlook Banter

-   Outlook - Calandaring (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/)
-   -   How do I cancel a meeting, but still make it appear in calender (http://www.outlookbanter.com/outlook-calandaring/4378-how-do-i-cancel-meeting.html)

prs January 25th 06 09:41 AM

How do I cancel a meeting, but still make it appear in calender

I want to cancel a meeting, but still want it to remain in the calendar to
remind me for a later date. How do I do it?

Diane Poremsky [MVP] January 25th 06 01:39 PM

How do I cancel a meeting, but still make it appear in calender

you can't.... why not create a task from it as a reminder?

--
Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook]

prs January 26th 06 07:57 AM

How do I cancel a meeting, but still make it appear in calende

Thanks for your suggestion - this would still not help me, as what I want to
do really is to say that the appointment was scheduled, but that it was later
on cancelled. Creating a task and the marking it as a complete does not quite
do the same thing for me. further, it would sync to my handheld and create a
bit of a mess!! Will try this approach though!

Brian Tillman January 26th 06 01:48 PM

prs wrote:

Thanks for your suggestion - this would still not help me, as what I
want to do really is to say that the appointment was scheduled, but
that it was later on cancelled.

Then don't cancel it, but modify it, writing "Cancelled" in the notes (large
lower pane) section.
--
Brian Tillman