1st Recurring Reminder NOT popping up

Old March 7th 07, 11:59 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Josh

Default 1st Recurring Reminder NOT popping up

I work for a property management company, and I am trying to set up
recurring appt reminders to a few of our employees which would remind
them 60 days before they need to increase tenants rents.

Example of what I set:
Rent Increase date: 5/1/07 (which I put as the "Start Date")
Reminder: 60 days before
Reoccurrence: Yearly

Now when I save the appointment reminder, shouldn't it pop up
immediately and tell me that my first Rent Increase (dated 5/1/07) is
due within 7-8 weeks or whatever.... because it's not popping up.

------ Then I decided to do a test appt, and I did an appointment for
5/1/07, with a reminder 60 days early ... and NOT reoccuring. And as
soon as I save it, it reminds me that my test appointment is due in
7-8 weeks or whatever..

So why is it not showing this immediate first reminder when I set up
my real, REOCCURING appointment reminder??

Old March 8th 07, 06:21 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
F.H. Muffman

Josh wrote:
[...]

Well, my first thought is that it's a bug, but my second thought is that it
might just take time. I repro'd the basic situation easily. Then I exited
out and restarted, and, sure enough, I still don't get both alerts. But,
I'm curious to see if an alert shows up before the calendar event actually
happens.

So, I created a new appointment, start time was 1 hour and 5 minutes from
now, and the alert was for 1 hour before. I set it up as a recurring
appointment.

But, I'm not really sure what you're looking for. Validation? Consider it
validated. It sure happens.

A fix? Don't set up an alert for a recurring appointment where the alert
would happen in the past. And try to get in a beta and report it in the
next version assuming it still happens, or hope that someone who can file a
bug against the existing product see's this and files it for you.

--
f.h.