2003 calendar's find, doesn't find items created today till tomarr

Old January 13th 06, 08:35 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Support7556

Default 2003 calendar's find, doesn't find items created today till tomarr

If User creates a appointment today for any future date, it will not be found
until tomorrow.

Not even advance find works. Very weird.

Outlook 2003 on Exchange 2000.

All Ms Office 2003 Clients and repeatable/consistent. MS office 2000 client
do not experience the problem.

Old January 15th 06, 05:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Unable to reproduce it - what search criteria are your users specifying in
the advanced search? I use "created" and "today." Search is instantaneous.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Support7556 asked:

Old January 16th 06, 03:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Support7556

Default 2003 calendar's find, doesn't find items created today till to

The Users are Opening/Using "Other's Calendar".
There are five Calendars that they open, however two are only used weekly.
The five Calendar's give everyone view(reviewer) rights.
The Scheduler has Owner rights.
Normal Searches (Finds) values are firstname and/or lastname which were
created in Subject field.
Advance Finds with Subject equals firstname and/or lastname.
Sometimes additional criteria "Start" On or after Date.
Usually only one person creates or edits appointments and many search/view
Calendars.

Could it be the number of appointments (items) in the Calendar?
Or the number per day?
The three busier Calendars have 6,000 to 14,000 appointments.
They like keeping at least three months in the past.

Old January 16th 06, 04:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

It would have been nice to have included the information about other users
folders (calendars) in the first post rather than making someone (me) do
rework

Let me go try to reproduce it now with the additional information.

Old January 16th 06, 08:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Support7556

I appoligize, but I didn't think of them when I posted issue.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

It would have been nice to have included the information about other users
folders (calendars) in the first post rather than making someone (me) do
rework

Let me go try to reproduce it now with the additional information.

--Â

Old January 16th 06, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Support7556

I don't know if this makes a difference, but the "Scheduler" user (creator)
opens the five calendars automatically, because I set it up their profile;
Advanced Settings Open Additional Mailboxes. Cached Exchange Mode is ON.

Old January 16th 06, 10:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Support7556

Turning off Exchange Mode had no effect.

Old January 16th 06, 11:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

It just keeps getting better and better - back to the drawing board!!

Old January 17th 06, 12:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Okay, before I go and try this again you a

Opening other mailboxes as a part of the "Scheduler's" mailbox profile and
it is the Scheduler who is searching the additional mailbox calendars that
are a part of the profile - Yes?

Okay, just to narrow it down:
The appointments are created by anyone, the Scheduler or who?
Is there anyone delegated rights to the Scheduler's mailbox?
Do you have any views set on the additional mailboxes?
The Scheduler is using simple search as well as Advanced Find?
What are the parameters being used?
Are you searching a single mailbox or attempting to search across multiple
mailboxes (won't work for the second.)?

Anything else you want to add before I go to try to set up a similar
arrangement and test again?

Old January 17th 06, 06:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Support7556

I answered in-line so we would get the answers mixed up.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Okay, before I go and try this again you a

Opening other mailboxes as a part of the "Scheduler's" mailbox profile and
it is the Scheduler who is searching the additional mailbox calendars that
are a part of the profile - Yes?

CORRECT (all five calender (mailboxes) are opened with Scheduler's profile)

Okay, just to narrow it down:
The appointments are created by anyone, the Scheduler or who?

Only Scheduler Creates/Modifies Appts.

Is there anyone delegated rights to the Scheduler's mailbox?

"Default" has Reviewer rights.
A group "All Staff" has Reviewer rights.

Do you have any views set on the additional mailboxes?

No

The Scheduler is using simple search as well as Advanced Find?

Only did Adv. Find in attempt to find missing items.

What are the parameters being used?

Simple find (subject); a name.

Are you searching a single mailbox or attempting to search across multiple
mailboxes (won't work for the second.)?

Single Calendar Only

Anything else you want to add before I go to try to set up a similar
arrangement and test again?

No that is everything.
I am greatful for your efforts. Thank-you.