Is it possible to have a task list for each day?

Old January 7th 06, 11:45 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook

Default Is it possible to have a task list for each day?

Yep -

In the 1 Day view of the Calendar you can see the meetings for today as
well as the Tasks for Today.

Set it up like this:

View | TaskPad View | Active Tasks for Selected Days.

Use the Start Date when you make Tasks. You can set both Start and Due by
wiping between them on the little calendar in the Start Date area.

Now Tasks will appear on the TaskPad according to their Start Date and go
Red the day after their Due Date.

You can adjust which columns appear in the TaskPad by right clicking on
its grey column headers and using the Field Chooser to drag extra fields
onto it.

You may also want to change to open Outlook in the Calendar so that you
see your daily plan first up. Tools|Options| Other | Advanced | Start up in
this folder...... Calendar.

BTW could you please make an effort to AT LEAST state your version when
you have a question.

Judy Gleeson [MVP Outlook]
Acorn Training and Consulting
www.acorntraining.com.au

Everyone - turn on your Advanced Toolbars and learn how to use the Field
Chooser and Group by Box!!

"Barnone" wrote in message
I want my task list to stay with each day. Is this possible? I also

want to
go forward to certain days and post tasks for that day that will show

when
that day comes. But I don't want to see the tasks from today show up for
tomorrow or keep reoccuring.

Old January 8th 06, 01:46 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Barnone

Judy, you wrote: 'Use the Start Date when you make Tasks. You can set both
Start and Due by
wiping between them on the little calendar in the Start Date area. "
Understood and did everything you wrote but this is perplexing. How do I
make a task stay wit the day. What do you mean by "wiping them between...."
I have office 2003

Old January 8th 06, 01:54 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Barnone

Judy, I did figure out the swiping, just hold the task and drag it to the
day. But, how do you get it to stay with that day. When I open another day,
the task list for today is still there.

Old January 8th 06, 10:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook

I said nothing about dragging Tasks to days. Just set the Start Date and
that's the date it will appear on the TaskPad in the 1 day View of the
Calendar - just like a diary - the to do list is beside the appointments for
the day.

If you can't grasp wiping between Start and Due date (within the Task)
then just use 4 clicks to do the same thing. Set Start, then set Due (if
you want to use it).