Meeting request response

Old November 8th 06, 01:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
holler

Default Meeting request response

I have a user that has both a Personal folder calendar and Exchange calendar.
When he receives a meeting request and response to it the meeting is posted
on his personal folder calendar and he never receives a reminder. How can I
get the reminder to post to his calendar on the exchange calendar?
--
holler
Old November 8th 06, 02:37 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

holler wrote:

I have a user that has both a Personal folder calendar and Exchange
calendar. When he receives a meeting request and response to it the
meeting is posted on his personal folder calendar and he never
receives a reminder. How can I get the reminder to post to his
calendar on the exchange calendar?

Make sure the delivery location is the Exchange mailbox.
--
Brian Tillman
Old November 8th 06, 03:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
holler

I'm sorry I didn't mention that his mail is setup for exchange and is
delivered to the mailbox. We use Personal folders so that our users can save
e-mail for a paper trail and the mailbox has a limit of 3 MB so Personal
Folders is a perfect storage spot. Before we setup Exchange we had our users
setup on a POP3 account so I was thinking it was keeping a setting somewhere
in Outlook that we didn't change. I'm thinking about removing the Personal
Folder and then recreating it and importing in the .pst excluding the
calendar. What's your thoughts?
--
holler

Old November 8th 06, 07:57 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian Tillman

holler wrote:

I'm sorry I didn't mention that his mail is setup for exchange and is
delivered to the mailbox. We use Personal folders so that our users
can save e-mail for a paper trail and the mailbox has a limit of 3 MB
so Personal Folders is a perfect storage spot. Before we setup
Exchange we had our users setup on a POP3 account so I was thinking
it was keeping a setting somewhere in Outlook that we didn't change.
I'm thinking about removing the Personal Folder and then recreating
it and importing in the .pst excluding the calendar. What's your
thoughts?

Calendar items will be added automatically to the Calendar folder in
whatever location is the delivery location, unless the user directs it
elsewhere. Additionally, reminders fire only in the default folders, unless
you use third-party tools. POP and Exchange accounts share the same
delivery location, so even if a message comes in via POP it will be stored
in Exchange's Inbox if that's the delivery location. Never export to or
import from a PST. Simply open the old PST with FiIleOpenOutlook Data
File and then copy or move the data to new PST. I really don't see how a
new PST will make a difference. Consider, instead, starting with a new mail
profile.
--
Brian Tillman