Cannot open recurring calendar appointment

Old September 14th 06, 07:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
da crusher

Default Cannot open recurring calendar appointment

One of my users has an old recurring calendar appointment that they cannot
delete. When trying to access the meeting, it throws an error: Can't open
this item. The operation failed. The object could not be found. We are
using Outlook in Corporate and Workgroup mode and thus the majority of the
solutions do not apply as most address pst's. Additionally this happens on
any machine with either 2000 or 2003 versions. Since it is not machine
specific, deleting the frmcache.dat didn't help.

Any ideas are greatly appreciated.
Old September 14th 06, 10:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Display the calendar in a view that shows recurrences. Find and delete the occurence.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, da crusher asked:

Old September 14th 06, 10:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
da crusher

So I viewed the calendar in week format and tried to delete to no avail. I
then went back to the date when a cancellation was sent and tried to open
that one which resulted in the same error...

Thanks.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Display the calendar in a view that shows recurrences. Find and delete the occurence.

--Â

Old September 14th 06, 10:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Repeat - show the calendar in recurrence view. The faulty recurrence should be obvious.

Old September 15th 06, 01:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
da crusher

Thanks Milly, worked like a charm!!!!!

Old September 17th 06, 06:12 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Glad you got it working!

Old September 30th 06, 01:03 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
danruth

Hello Milly,

I am seeing this same problem in my calendar and have followed the
suggestions in this set of postings to no avail. I cannot open the recurring
meeting request, nor can I delete it. If I look at the Recurring Appointments
view, the item appears, but shows that the start and end date for recurrence
are the same. Further, I cannot view this item on the date for which it is
scheduled. I cannot open or delete the item in any view.

danruth

Old May 21st 07, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Cannot accept invitaton to a meeting

We have a two users who are unable to accept meeting invitation sent to them
in Outlook 2003 Calendar. Error message: Object could not be found. I have
installed the latest updates and did a repair, had the organizer remove and
readd the users to no avail. We are using ms exchange server.

Thanks in advance

Old August 21st 07, 06:36 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Haishan

This worked for me. I am using Outlook 2003 under Vista. I got the same error
message when trying to open recurrent meetings. Only under the Recurrence
view may I modify these meetings. I still can not open them under the regular
Day/Week view. Is this some kind of bug?
--
Haishan