Reminders do not occur for recurring appointments

Old September 6th 06, 08:42 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jeff

Default Reminders do not occur for recurring appointments

Hello,

I am using one .pst file on one computer, no sync software, network, or
anything else.

When I create a recurring appointment such as a birthday that occurs every
year as an all day event and set a reminder for it, the reminder does not
occur.

The reminder box is checked when I look at the recurring appointment as a
series, but when I view it as an occurrence it is not checked - and when I do
check it, it goes back to unchecked.

All other reminders work perfectly for independent occurences and tasks.

I have tried outlook.exe /resetfolders /cleanreminders switches with no luck.

Please help!

Old September 8th 06, 02:48 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Josh Einstein

I just ran into the same thing. Here's the deal... if you set the reminder
so that on the first occurrence, it would remind in the past, Outlook won't
set the reminder. Subsequent reminders will work fine.

So for example, if you set an appointment for tomorrow to recur every year,
then set the reminder for 2 weeks before, the first instance will not
remind. The rest will. If you set the reminder for 5 minutes before, the
first instance will get the reminder.

--
Josh Einstein / Tablet PC MVP
Einstein Technologies, LLC

Old September 8th 06, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Jeff

Thank You! You are correct - I just changed my first occurrence to one week
away and sure enough the reminder occurred. That sure is a relief! Thanks
Again.

Jeff