MAPI error 0X80070057 while exporting my calendar

Old April 14th 06, 06:16 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian H

Default MAPI error 0X80070057 while exporting my calendar

I am currently running Outlook 2003 SP2 part of Professional Edition and I
receiving the above error while exporting my calendar data to a windows csv
file. I go to the menu option Import/Export and choose "export to file". I
then choose csv (windows) and select my calendar folder. After another
window asking about date ranges, it begins, and comes up with the error.

I have searched this discussion board but did not find anything about this.

Thanks for the help.
Brian
Old April 14th 06, 06:22 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Back up a bit - why are you exporting your calendar?

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, Brian H asked:

Old April 14th 06, 06:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian H

Sorry, I was aware that was needed. I am exporting my caslendar to import to
google's calendar app for online use. They can import directly from an
Outlook csv export.

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" wrote:

Back up a bit - why are you exporting your calendar?

--Â

Old April 14th 06, 10:07 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Well, it wasn't absolutely needed but I wanted to know if you were trying to
export when it was not needed, like reusing the .pst file on a second
machine.

Have you run detect and repair on your Outlook? Also, try running
scanpst.exe against the .pst file.

If it happens again, please post the exact error message - it helps when
troubleshooting.

Old April 15th 06, 01:28 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian H

I did run detect and repair and still get the error message. It is an alert
that pops up with the title "Translation Error" and says the following:

An error occured while importing or exporting and the import/export was
terminated. MAPI error 0X80070057 was reported. Please try to import/export
again later.

And there is only an "OK" button. I click that, and the operation ends.

Thanks for any help.

Brian

Old April 15th 06, 02:42 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Are you trying to map custom fields?

Old April 15th 06, 03:25 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian H

No I am not.

Old April 20th 06, 10:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

Brian, I sure hope someone has ideas here. I'm having the same error
message while trying to export to a .csv file for importing into Google
Calendar. Exporting to a PST works, but not a CSV

Old April 21st 06, 01:17 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Brian H

I keep hoping as well. I have heard nothing yet.

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks

Old May 2nd 06, 05:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

No thoughts, just posting to note that I have exactly the same problem.
A fully updated Outlook that refuses to export the calendar to anything
other than a .pst file...

Alex