Outlook 2007, Navigation Pane: multiple monthly calendars?

Old February 15th 11, 04:19 AM
Cyzahhe Cyzahhe is offline
Junior Member

Question Outlook 2007, Navigation Pane: multiple monthly calendars?

Hi,

I'm new to Outlook 2007 (previously used: 2003). If I go to Calender view, I only see two of those small monthly calendars at the top left in the Navigation Pane (on the left hand side). How can I display one more?

I've spent the past few hours browsing the internet using Google, and I've read all of relevant threads on this topic here, but so far I haven't come across a solution that works for me.

Please note: I'm not referring to the To Do Pane, which is displayed on the right hand side in Mail view; I really like it in Mail view - and it is wonderfully simple to edit the number of monthly calendars that is displayed in this Pane (simply right-click the Pane title and change the number of calendars) - but I don't want the To Do Pane in Calendar view.

Enlarging the Navigation Pane (in Calendar view) to the right by dragging the vertical bar is also not an option; I use the full week view and need the space (on the right) to display all the days of the week well.

The only option that appears to remain is creating more downward space... however, I've already done pretty much all I can: below the two small montly calendars there is a single line that says "All Calendar Items", below that a is single line that says "My Calendars", below that is a simply ridiculous amount of white space containing four blue links (with texts such as "How to share calendars"), and then there are the three large buttons that I use to navigate between Mail, Calendar, and Contacts.

I don't want to remove those three large buttons.

I would, however, love to get rid of the "All Calendar Items", "My Calendars", and - obviously - that ridiculous amount of white space (more than enough for a third calendar!). I'm a home user, I use only my own calendar, and I don't need what appears to be help information permanently displayed.

I came across this vid here; in it you can see the ridiculous amount of white space with blue links that I'm referring to (near to the end of the vid):
http://www.slipstick.com/Tutorials/y.../yearlycal.asp

Any thoughts on how to get rid of it???

Regards,
Cyzahhe