Different calendar permissions for default and individual users

Old March 31st 06, 02:26 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

Default Different calendar permissions for default and individual users

I'm using Outlook 2003 on Exchange Server. I know that you can select
a permission level of "None" for individual users (calendar viewing)
even if you have set the default to "Read" - but I'm not sure if this
actually restricts those individual users (since they would be included
in "default"?). I would like almost everyone to be able to view my
calendar, but would like to restrict a small group of users from
viewing the calendar. I'm not sure if the default settings override
the more restrictive individual settings. Does it work this way?

Thanks!

Old March 31st 06, 08:36 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Yes, the default reviewer selection overrides any other selection. If you
have a small number of viewers you want to have permissions, you can set
default to none and add the others as you see fit.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

reading.

After furious head scratching, asked:

Old April 3rd 06, 09:12 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.calendaring
[email protected]

Thank you for the response. The problem is that there is a relatively
small number of people I'd like to exclude, and a much larger number of
people that I'd like to provide read priveledges to. Is there an
alternative to giving a large number of people read permissions without
using the default then? Alternatively, is there a way to restrict an
individual user's persmissions if they have greater permissions through
another group level permission setting (e.g. the default setting).

Thank you.