Creating Redemption.MAPIUtils failed with Windows 7 x64

Old December 17th 09, 10:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Adrian Miller

Default Creating Redemption.MAPIUtils failed with Windows 7 x64

Hi,

with Windows Vista x64 I was able to create the Redemption.MAPIUtils, how
ever this does not work with Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 in my
environment. Is a certain version required or anything else need to be
considered? Did anybody get this to work?

Thanks for any advice
Adrian

--
Adrian Miller

Old December 18th 09, 06:01 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Dmitry Streblechenko

Do you have Outlook or teh standalone version of MAPI on the problematic
machine?
Keep in mind that the MAPIUtils object is being deprecated, use RDOSession
instead.

--
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/

Old December 19th 09, 04:04 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Adrian Miller

Hi Dmitry,

thanks for your advice. I have Outlook 2007 SP2 on the machine. My .NET 2.0
app and Outlook is running in x86 mode. I'm actually using two methods. So
the solution would be to replace these as described below, right?
MAPIUtils.CurrentProfileName - RDOSession.ProfileName
(http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/rdo/rdosession.htm)

MAPIUtils.Addressbook - RDOSession.Addressbok
(http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/rd...ddressbook.htm)

Thanks for any advice in advance

Adrian

----
Adrian Miller

Old December 23rd 09, 06:32 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Dmitry Streblechenko

yes.
Also, what exacrly do you mean by "this does not work"?

--
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/

Old December 28th 09, 05:19 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Adrian Miller

Hi Dmitry,

thanks. The error is that running .NET Code in x86 mode on x64 that
Activator.CreateInstance does not instantiate MAPIUtils.

Thanks again
Adrian

Old December 29th 09, 07:55 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Dmitry Streblechenko

Make sure your app is compiled as 32 bit only: since MAPI is 32 bit, and
Redemption loads it in-proc, Redemption must also be 32 bit. Which, since
Redemption is an in-proc COM library, requires that the calling app must be
32 bit.

--
Dmitry Streblechenko (MVP)
http://www.dimastr.com/