Reading content of reading pane

Old May 14th 08, 11:58 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
[email protected]

Default Reading content of reading pane

Hi,

After my inbox is opened up. I can preview my mails in reading Pane.
How can I read the contents of the items in the reading pane.

Any help is appreciated.

Old May 14th 08, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

There would be only 1 item showing in the reading pane, just use the
Selection collection of the Inbox folder's Items collection. Only 1 item
should be selected.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old May 14th 08, 02:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
[email protected]

Solution to this was simple
Ol.MailItem mailItem = (Ol.MailItem)myExplorer.Selection[1];

However my next problem is :

If I select some text in reading pane how do I get that.

After I get that text I want to attach a contect menu to this selected
text

How can I do that.
Old May 14th 08, 02:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
[email protected]

Hi Ken

Thanks for replying

My next question is as follows

If I select some text in reading pane how do I get that.

After I get that text I want to attach a context menu to this
selected
text

How can I do that. Please guide me on this.
Old May 14th 08, 02:47 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

I'm not sure it would work, and things would depend on what format the
message was in, but if it's an HTML message you can get HTMLBody and then
work with the HTMLDocument object to try to find the selection. Word
wouldn't help since the item wouldn't be displayed using WordMail.

Redemption (www.dimastr.com/redemption) might help if you get the item and
use GetInspector to get an Inspector object for it and then get a
Redemption.SafeInspector for the Inspector. Then you might be able to use
the SafeInspector.SelText property to return the selected text.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old May 15th 08, 05:31 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
[email protected]

Do I have to follow the same approach If there is a hyperlink in the
reading pane or new inspector window and I have to show a context menu
when I right click on the hyperlink.

Old May 15th 08, 01:51 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

You'd have to detect that you're over a hyperlink somehow and trap the mouse
right-click.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old May 15th 08, 02:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
[email protected]

Is that possible using normal outlook API or again I have to use win32
api to achieve this.
Old May 16th 08, 02:24 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

You'd need to use Win32 API calls. There is nothing in the object model to
help at all with what you're trying to do.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Author: Professional Programming Outlook 2007.