Outlook Connector for IBM Lotus Domino

Old March 16th 06, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Adam

Default Outlook Connector for IBM Lotus Domino

It seems the hotfix mentioned has now been included in KB913807. I
uninstalled the 2 files for the fix and connector, did a restart, and
reinstalled connector. The problem is still occurring.

On another computer with the same problem, I uninstalled the hotfix KB892843
(both parts) along with connector, did a restart, and reinstalled connector,
The problem is still occurring on that system too.

Anyone know of anything else that can help with this?

" wrote:

I had the same problem and when I removed the Update, the issue was
corrected. Does anyone know whether you can reapply the update?

Old March 22nd 06, 07:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
keith

I couldn't find any of the referenced KB's on the system I having issues
with. I un-installed Office 2003 Pro and the connector and re-installed. Same
problem. I am now ghosting the pc back to before it ever had Office
installed. I'll post when I find out if that works.

Has anyone tried to contact Microsoft with this issue? Outlook is soooo much
easier to navigate that Notes that I'm going to hate telling my users they
can't use it anymore.

Old March 22nd 06, 07:50 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Adam

I actually had a support ticket open with MS for about 5 days and they
couldn't figure out the problem. I closed the ticket when I read this thread
and corrected the problem. I also informed MS of the fixes that cause this
problem and was told that the fix originally mentioned is now included in a
number of fixes and there is a problem with removing all components of the
fix from a system. I guess they will have a closer look and release another
fix sometime.

Old March 23rd 06, 09:31 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
keith

OK gang... Here's what I found out...

1. Un-installing Office 2003 and re-installing doesn't help... and...
2. Office 2003 SP2 cannot be un-installed.

I started with fresh load of Windows XP Pro and nothing else. All Microsoft
updates were current. I then disabled Auto-Updates. I loaded Lotus Notes
7.0.1 and then Office 2003 Pro. I then installed "olconn2" (the connector
piece) and low and behold it worked!!!

I then re-enabled Auto-Updates and ran Microsoft Update and installed the
updates that were displayed:

1. Update for Microsoft Outlook 2003 Junk Email Filter (KB913161)
2. Office 2003 Service Pack 2
3. Update for Office 2003 (KB907417)

It still worked. I returned to Microsoft Update and ran what it displayed:

1. Update for Outlook 2003 (KB913807)
2. Security Update for Excel 2003 (KB905756)

No more updates came up after that and it still worked! Hope this helps
anybody else dealing with this issue.

~Keith

Old March 24th 06, 01:16 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
keith

Latest Update in the saga... :-P

I just installed a PC that already had SP2 installed and it worked! ... BUT
.... it did not have the hotfix rollup for Outlook in KB913807. Here's the
Link for more information...

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/913807/

~Keith

Old April 28th 06, 04:09 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
carl

Folks,

I too am having this issue. I just took a brand new HP dc5100 out of
the box and installed Lotus 7.0.0 client on it then installed Office 2003
Professional without installing any Office updates or Office SPs. I am
receiving this error also. I have since then attempted to install Office SP2
but am still unable to connect. I have not installed any of the updates
listed here. I really need to get this resolved if anyone else has any
ideas. Doeas anyone have an ETA from Microsoft on a fix?

Old May 1st 06, 03:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
keith

Carl,

a few threads up Adam had posted that he had a ticket open with MS but
finally closed it due to lack of response. I have found that if the PC is on
AD that you have to move quickly to get Lotus and Outlook configured as
un-attended auto-updates will load the offending patch whether you want it
there or not. I have had success with keeping the PC off the network until I
have all the pieces in place... Notes, olconn2.exe, the users Notes ID, etc.
I then plug it in and "Run like the wind" to configure Notes and Outlook
before the update gets loaded.

Good Luck,
Keith