Outlook Connector beta - 4301 Error

Old July 25th 07, 11:08 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
yupus

Default Outlook Connector beta - 4301 Error

I've been using Outlook Connector version 12.0.4518.1047 for a while now, no
problems with Outlook 2007 12.0.6023.5000 but I did a clean up of mail in
Outlook last night and now I cannot sync with Windows Live Mail (aka Hotmail).

Sync issues message gives

The following issues occured while synchronizing with the server:

Folder Collection Sync Key: 0{ABBDC488-C411-4864-A61E-9322E9117542}33607

Message Collection Sync Key: 0{760C796B-43F8-46BB-A34B-A50003D97127}33605

There is an error synchronizing your mail account. Please verify your
account has been configured correctly by first accessing your mail on the web.
Error: 4301. Client. Number of objects in the request is over the limit.

I'm assuming that it's because I made so many changes? I've gone into
Windows Live Mail and deleted the mails there too so there shouldn't be
anything to sync?

I've also re-downloaded and installed the Outlook Connector.

Still cannot sync. Any more thoughts?

Old August 2nd 07, 04:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
acfest

I have the same problem.....any ideas?
yupus, were you able to figure out how to fix it?

Old August 2nd 07, 07:14 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
yupus

I had to uninstall and reinstall the Connector. Also removing the
problematical Inbox from Outlook helped

What didn't help was a long call to Microsoft Support who after much
deliberation installed version 1 of the Connector which doesn't allow syncing
of mail with non paid for accounts and being told by him that it was not
possible and that Beta 2 is not available any more and was in fact the Beta
for the current live version (version 1). Brilliant. I suspect he didn't
have a clue!

but the delete and uninstall/reinstall works okay

Old August 2nd 07, 02:30 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
acfest

Thanks! I know they aren't very helpful, plus after I searched online for
troubleshooting to this problem, there was nothing.
It works now, but now I am worried about cleaning up my inbox in the future.
Do I have to clean up my inbox on hotmail.com instead of outlook to prevent
this from happening again? Or can I only move/delete a small amount at a
time?

Thanks again

Old August 8th 07, 01:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
stevecu

After you reinstalled the connector, did your previous clean up sync
successfully, or did you lose all those changes?

I just did a bunch of clean up, including moving a hundred or so messages to
a pst and deleting a few hundred others. I'm not looking forward to
duplicating all those messages.

Old August 9th 07, 10:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
HiJinxKid

I've been over and over with Microsft about this, and they tell me pretty
much what they've told you guys, i.e. they don't want to hear about the
error. It is like the Keystone Cops which leads me to the moniker I'm using
now.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook Connecter for both versions and
with Outlook 2003 & 2007 (on Vista) and get the same error. I've had to
re-do my email several times. I really want this new Calendar functions, so
I'm willing to fight for this, but there's nobody to fight with.

yet another example of Microsoft not listening to people. This is about the
15th major issue I've had with Vista and the 6th or 7th with Outlook since I
moved to a new PC with Vista. This is at the sametime I am investing my
business and technical direction in Microsoft products (Live, .NET,
Silverlight). I am seriously beginning to rue my decision.
--
HiJinxKid