Outlook 2007 Beta and vpmsece3.dll

Old August 10th 06, 08:39 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.Program_AddIns
Don Grant

Default Outlook 2007 Beta and vpmsece3.dll

Every time I open Outlook Beta 2007 I get the following error statement:
The Add-in "C:\Program Files\Symantec AntiVirus\umpsece3.dll" cannot be
loaded and has been disabled by Outlook. Please contact the Add-in
manufacturer for an update. If no update is available please uninstall the
Add-in.

It doesn't seem to be installed and only shows up in the refernce above.
Can anyone help me get rid of it?

Thanks.

Old August 10th 06, 09:10 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Patrick Schmid

Does it show up in Tools, Trust Center, Add-Ins? If yes, disable it
there.
BTW, it wouldn't show up with this DLL, but prob. as Symantec AntiVirus
or Norton AntiVirus.

Patrick Schmid
--------------
http://pschmid.net

:

Old August 10th 06, 09:20 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Don Grant

No, it does not show up in the Trust Center under Add-ins. I can find it
on the C: drive as noted and deleted but the same error recurs and it puts
in another file vpmsece4.dll. Since it is not in Add-Ins i don't know how to
disable it. Thanks for you input.

:

Old August 10th 06, 09:26 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Ken Slovak - [MVP - Outlook]

Open up regedit and go to HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Office\Outlook\Addins and
look for something there for Norton. Repeat for HKLM. Set LoadBehavior to 2
if you find something.

Note that Norton is virus-like and often will re-enable itself despite what
you do. In that case uninstalling is the only option.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Old August 11th 06, 11:39 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Don Grant

Thanks. I gave that a try and there is nothing showing up in the registry.
It looks like I should uninstall Symantec Antivirus and perhaps try a
reinstallation. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Old August 22nd 06, 09:27 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Darryl A. J. Staflund

Hi Don,

Symantec has posted a solution at the following URL:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...pen&dtype=corp

Cheers,
Darryl Staflund

Old September 1st 06, 04:40 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Leandro Pinho

Im Also having the same problem with Outlook 2003.
I can't download that tool. It gives an error about the IP adress.
Do any now another place were I can get it ?

Old December 19th 06, 10:54 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Woodmouse

This solved my problem with the add-in...
I only deleted the extend.dat file, restarted Outlook, and everything was
just fine.

Old December 20th 06, 05:38 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
KB

see the information in
http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT...b?OpenDocument

Old February 9th 07, 03:24 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.program_addins
Adrian Hunt

I find it laughable that the MVP soltion was to remove the antivirus program,
Bravo.

Thanks everyone else for the solution, simple.