Old October 24th 06, 01:49 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Default Keep receiving duplicated emails

wrote:

I always download the same email message for multiple times. One of
my colleague has same issue. I do not have "leave a copy of massage"
option enabled. Which means outlook will delete the email on the
server once I downloaded it. And the outlook is sp2 already. Can
someone please help me on this? Thanks for your help and time.

If the messsage is being downloaded multiple times,. then it must be being
left on the server. Since you don't have that option enabled, then
something is interrupting the receive process in such a way that Outlook
never completes it properly. So, the first thing to do it to make sure you
are not scanning incoming mail with an add-in (antivirus or -spam). If you
are, disable the feature in the scanning application. Next, increase your
server timeout value on the Advanced tab of your account properties.
--
Brian Tillman