Old February 14th 06, 07:17 AM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.contacts,microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor

Default Contacts/Category Mail Merge

Looks like I need to add an extra step to my web page
However in the meantime see

Graham Mayor - Word MVP

My web site www.gmayor.com
Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org

Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] wrote:
Microsoft won't acknowledge it as a bug, but there are two things you
must somehow discover to get this to work:
1. The Mail Merge Helper is no longer relevant in Office 2003.
However, it is still invoked when you choose to create labels because
it is the only dialog that allows you to select your label type.
Shame on you for not knowing intuitively that after that you must
dismiss it and then invoke Word 2003's Mail Merge Toolbar to complete
the merge. 2. As if that weren't enough, in Outlook/Word 2002/2003 there
is also
an extra step required to create mailing labels. Instructions he
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=284401
Did this but still no good result. After selecting Mail Merge from
Tools, my
Type of Document is LABELS. After choosing 5160 for Type, I go to
Select Recipients. But when I leave 'Use an Existing List' as in
the example you referred me to, my version goes to two choices: Connect
to New Data Source
and New SQL Server Connection. I'm still a heck of a long way off
from doing
Labels using only a Category sort. Please help / direct me to a more
relevant site. Many thanks.

"Doug Robbins - Word MVP" wrote:

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's
website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

Please reply to the newsgroup unless you wish to avail yourself of
my services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in message
"Patrice" wrote in message
Help! I've spent several hours and now so has one of my guru
friends trying
to do a Mail Merge for Labels using a Category (Holiday Cards). How is
this
done from Outlook? We were able to do Customized View and get
only the
labels we wanted, but never able to get these labels over to the
Main Doc/Labels. Made several vain attempts. Is there a bug in
Outlook for
doing this?
We're running current versions (Outlook & Word 2003)and supposedly
have
all
the latest updates.

Hello,
I don't have an answer but my guess is that someone in the
Word.mailmerge
newsgroup probably will.
--
Charles Kenyon

Intermediate User's Guide to Microsoft Word (supplemented version
of Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide) http://addbalance.com/usersguide

from my ignorance and your wisdom.