Old October 9th 06, 01:23 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Brian Tillman

Default Outlook and Offline Files

Christopher Bakos wrote:

I have a wireless network set up in my home. I have a desktop and a
laptop connected to it. My .pst file resides on my desktop. I have
set up Offline Files on my laptop so that I can access my desktop
.pst and make the file available on the laptop if I'm out of range
with the laptop or not connected to the network.

Offline Folders are appropriate only for when using Exchange. Otherwise,
they're not "Offline Folders".

However, when I'm
not connected to the network, and I try to run Outlook on the laptop,
Outlook gives me an error saying it can't connect to the .pst on the
desktop and then closes down. It doesn't give me the option to work
offline with the Offline File that is resident on the laptop.

You'll need to have Outlook reference a local PST for its delivery location
and use one of the several methods of synchronization to keep your two PSTs
in line with each other.
http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.htm
--
Brian Tillman