Old September 28th 06, 10:48 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook.installation
Coliseumss

Default Reversing order to receive mail then send

"Brian Tillman" wrote:

Coliseumss wrote:

Can someone please help I am using Outlook 2000, due to a change in my
dial-up phone number they tell me my outlook must be able to receive
the mail first (to be able to ID the mail system) then send the email
in the outbox. Anyone know a way to change to receive mail first then
send setting in outlook 2000?

In Outlook 2002/2003 there's an option in the account properties on the
Outgoing Server tab. The option is labeled "Log on to incoming mail server
before sending mail". I don't know if that option exists in OL 2000, but it
won't hurt to look. You can also check the Microsoft Knowledgebase to see
if it's mentioned there at all.
--
Brian Tillman

Thanks Brian for your help but that option is not there in my Outlook 2000
properties. So if anyone else has any suggestions let me know.