Old September 23rd 06, 09:20 AM posted to microsoft.public.windows.inetexplorer.ie6_outlookexpress
Kath Adams

Default Increase Numbers of News Headers

Onetel News wrote:
I have tried, without success, to increasers the numbers of news
headers that I cab access using TOOLS OPTIONS READ NEWS and
then get X headers at a time. I have inserted 500 as the figure, but
I can never open that many even in very popular news groups. It would
appear the oldest news header is about 14 days old.

Is there a date restriction as well as a numbers restriction for
downloading news headers? I would be grateful for any advice on how
can I increase the number of headers I can assess or how I can access
older headers.
Many thanks

Uncheck in the little box to the left of the place you would put the
number. This will get all headers.
Be aware, however, that not all news servers behave the same. There is
no date restriction as such in OE, but news servers will have different
retention periods. Once they are gone from the server, they are gone
from OE, unless you saved a copy in a user created folder. For older
messages that aged from the server, you can search Google Groups.

--
Kath Adams
MS MVP - Windows (Outlook Express)