Old September 19th 06, 06:53 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
Jiggy

Default Insert File shuts down Outlook

Is this a peculiar problem or what? I tried doing a web search, not
many have encountered it. I use Outlook 2003, and have unchecked "Use
MS Word to edit email messages". Now, when I try to insert a file in a
new message, outlook completely shuts down. (When I try to use the drop
down box to select the file). Could it be an explorer.exe fault? Funny
part is, works perfectly when I use Word to edit emails and also when
another user is logged on and using outlook with "Use word ... "
unchecked. Mine is a standalone computer using windows XP home - SP2. I
have even installed SP2 for MS Office.