Old January 16th 06, 07:11 PM posted to microsoft.public.outlook
John Richardson

Default Outlook 2003 with active VPN connection not sending

no takers?

"John Richardson" wrote in message
When I have at VPN connection open, I'm finding that Outlook refuses to
send any email out. How do I fix this (besides closing my VPN connection
each time I want to send/receive!)

As a side note:
I've noticed other gimpiness with it too relating to packet fragmentation,
where my mail would bounce for no reason. I had to change my MTU to fix
that. Why is Outlook seemingly so sensitive to network configuration?
Outlook Express does not seem to have these limitations. Is this some
kind of negative feature introduced with this version of the product?
Should I go back to my older version? I don't use most of the fancy
features anyways.